SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pros and Cons: AR Platform or AK Platform? Can only buy one...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pros and Cons: AR Platform or AK Platform? Can only buy one... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
OP, the upside is that by the time you get a chance to look at doing this again, there's no telling what kind of strange things the market will have done. There will certainly be ARs and AKs when you decide to go shopping again.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
OP, the upside is that by the time you get a chance to look at doing this again, there's no telling what kind of strange things the market will have done. There will certainly be ARs and AKs when you decide to go shopping again.

The way my luck runs, some dipshit will shoot up another school or something and the prices will go through the roof again. Sure hope not, but that’s the way things go for me!

I’m still waiting for my hearing on disability benefits, and if that will go through sometime soon I’ll be okay, but the waiting list in Alabama is measured in years right now. I’m at the point where I can only manage 2 or 3 days a week part-time, and most of those I end up leaving before my shift is done because I’m in too much pain to continue. I’m too old to be hired for meaningful employment anymore (that’s against the law but it happens all the time anyway), and with all of my physical ailments nobody in their right mind would have me, so this will probably be the last job I get. If I lose this one for not being able to hang on all day, I’m screwed!

So now you see why I have little hope of “saving up” for anything later. It is what it is and life goes on, therefore so will I...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post