SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Interesting new carbines from IWI...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting new carbines from IWI... Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted
We all know IWI released the Zion AR15, but they have some other interesting items as well. I'm not sure if/when semi versions will be available on the US civilian market, but they are interesting nonetheless:

The CARMEL:

The IWI CARMEL assault rifle is a combat proven innovative weapon system, built to be durable and robust. Made of superior steel, aviation grade aluminum and high strength impact modified polymer for outstanding performance in all environmental conditions.

The rifle has a rotating bolt system ensuring maximum safety for the user. IWI CARMEL can be easily customized, depending on the operational needs, military or law enforcement tasks – vehicle patrol, CQB, under cover missions, short and medium combat engagement, diverse police operations, VIP protection, and more.

IWI CARMEL is a fully ambidextrous platform, equipped with mil standard 1913 Picatinny rails on all sides to allow 100% compatibility with any available sights, devices or accessories.

- Short-stroke gas piston
- 3 position gas regulator – RegularExtremeSuppressor use
- Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel, for enhanced accuracy & prolonged life cycle
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail
- The rifle is equipped with a significantly efficient jump compensator for better shooter stability
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions

https://iwi.net/carmel/

The ARAD:

RELIABLE MODULAR BATTLE RIFLE

IWI ARAD Assault Rifle is designed for Infantry use, Special units and Law Enforcement units.

IWI ARAD, M4-type Assault Rifle, is specially intended for all kinds of combat scenarios with it’s ability to change calibers.

IWI ARAD is equipped with a picatinny rail to enable the use of a variety of optics and other attachments. The picatinny rail is an integral part of the upper receiver of the rifle. In addition, M-LOK rails at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions along the handguard. It includes a telescopic buttstock which allows the users to adjust the length individually for their particular needs.
The modular structure of the rifle enables the user to easily dismantle and replace the barrel. The weapon is fully ambidextrous with controls on both sides of the rifle.

IWI ARAD Assault Rifle is a short stroke gas piston operated, with a regulator which allows constant operation in all environmental conditions.

- Short-stroke gas piston
- 2 position gas regulator – Regular/Suppressor use
- Optional: MIL-STD 1913/M-LOK accessory rails at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail in the upper receiver

https://iwi.net/arad/

Galil Sniper 7.62:

Caliber: .7.62X51mm (NATO) match

Rifling: 6 RH grooves, 1:9.5″ twist

Barrel length (mm): 584 (23″) (including muzzle brake)

Total length unfolded (mm): 1,100

Total length folded (mm): 840

Weight (Kg) (weapon only): 5.46

https://iwi.net/galil/galil-sniper/

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cool, so a Beretta ARX160, a bog-standard piston AR, and a Galil variant from 1983 that's had its wooden furniture swapped for black plastic. Big Grin

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The top one looks like a SCAR and a Beretta ARX had a baby. I kinda like it.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First one is kinda ugly

I just spent some money i with IWI, got a Tavor x95 9mm

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
God help me, I'm a sucker for the space gun look. That Carmel has my interest.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Cool, so a Beretta ARX160

Well, it does look more like it's six months pregnant rather than eight and a half. Big Grin

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Camel? The Arab?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have the Beretta ARX and it’s literally the worst long gun in my safe. A pile of excrement.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Why on earth did they use that picture of the ARAD with the sights badly photoshopped out?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Why on earth did they use that picture of the ARAD with the sights badly photoshopped out?

Probably a recognizable brand and they didn't want to run into legal issues? That, or they didn't want to imply that the rifle came with whatever those sights were? Take your pick, I guess.

Yes, they should have taken a clean pic to be professional, but hey, it's not like we don't know what a pic rail looks like.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Bring the Timberwolf back to the USA

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nah

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I have the Beretta ARX and it’s literally the worst long gun in my safe. A pile of excrement.

Details please

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like they took some notes from the LMT MRP piston uppers.

That Galil is puzzling to me. Did they go back to the drawing board and bring it's performance up to today's standards? Or is it a classic style bring back?

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Details please

Yes, please give details, mine has been 100% reliable. Doesn't look good in pictures, but handles nice.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
The Carmel is starting to hit dealers. A few have sold on gunbroker already. I’d feared that it would be overbuilt (heavy) like the Galil Aces but it’s only around 7.5 lbs due to how much of it is made of polymer.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

I like it. Looks like it would be good for intergalactic battles with hostile aliens.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I also think the Carmel looks pretty cool, except for the magazine. It looks like someone put a 90s brass doorknob on a sleek, modern style home. I just wish we could get away from the NATO 5.56 magazine, at least for designs that are being played off as radically new or modern. I fully realize that there are millions of them available and it makes sense, but we need to move on eventually. Hell, even a PMAG version would have made for a better photo.

I'd like to see someone try to make a 5.56 version of the P90 magazine for a modern assault rifle.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I like it. Looks like it would be good for intergalactic battles with hostile aliens.

It would be great if the Carmal you can buy actually looked like that, but that’s the military version. The US version has been 922r’d up with a longer ugly handguard and AR grip.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
The Carmel is starting to hit dealers. A few have sold on gunbroker already. I’d feared that it would be overbuilt (heavy) like the Galil Aces but it’s only around 7.5 lbs due to how much of it is made of polymer.

IWI USA says 8 lb 2 oz w/o magazine.

https://iwi.us/product/csr16/

7.5 is likely the military version, which is different, and may be for one of the shorter barrel versions.

That’s one of the issues of getting civilian versions of foreign military rifles in the US. A lot of the ads and pre-release reviews show the military versions, before they have modified for US import and sale. Many times what you see isn’t actually what you end up getting.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:

IWI USA says 8 lb 2 oz w/o magazine.

https://iwi.us/product/csr16/

7.5 is likely the military version, which is different, and may be for one of the shorter barrel versions.

That’s one of the issues of getting civilian versions of foreign military rifles in the US. A lot of the ads and pre-release reviews show the military versions, before they have modified for US import and sale. Many times what you see isn’t actually what you end up getting.

Interesting. The IWI guys were saying 7.5 lbs in shot show videos. Watching the way they handled it, they appeared to be tossing it around like it was lighter than a Galil ace. Somebody get one on a scale.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post