SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New 30BR for paper punching
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 30BR for paper punching Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
30Br, 13.5 lb
Bat D action, Bartlien barrel, ezell tuner, McMillan stock, Jewell trigger.
One hole shooter.
Ubr, ibs & club.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Haveme1or2,

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Finally got the pic up.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle. I assume “30BR” is the cartridge—?

If so, I’m curious why you chose it. Not that I’m challenging, of course, because I had never heard of the round and have little familiarity with benchrest shooting in general. These days it seems that smaller calibers like 6.5mm and even 6mm are becoming the darlings of the long range disciplines. I gather, though, that BR type shooting is still usually limited to much shorter distances—correct?

In any event despite my ignorance, you’ve piqued my curiosity and I’d be interested in your comments.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Wildcat round is the king of 1-300 yrds.
https://www.accurateshooter.co...rtridge-guides/30br/

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Wildcat round is the king of 1-300 yrds.

Thank you. That was a very interesting article; always learning something new, and I was particularly intrigued by mention of how the cartridge might do for “tactical” purposes. In this era of military snipers’ continually seeking rounds that are better for longer and longer ranges, I keep reminding others (and myself) that the last time I checked there has never been a law enforcement sniper shot recorded at more than 200 yards, and the vast majority are at less than 100. The only immediate hesitation I would have is that the common bullets used with the cartridge might be a little light for some situations.

Thanks again.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
It's a one hole maker.
For dot (x) shooting.
Out of 25 dots 22 are expected.
Every shot will be a 10. So it's a x count game.

It being a 6mm necked up to a 30cal
And not available retail would keep it off leo, military selection I'd think.