SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta A400 Lite 20 gauge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta A400 Lite 20 gauge Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
Anyone own a Beretta A400 Lite 20 gauge? I ordered one for my son after being told that the Beretta A400 20 gauge would be good for a kid. I then realized there is a compact model, but I ordered the full sized. The length of pull of the compact is 12.5 compared to 14.5 for the full size. I'm scared the full size is going to be too much gun for him initially. He is 8 years old, but he is pretty big for his age. I guess if it is too much now, he'll grow into it eventually.

Does anyone own one of these?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It is likely to be big for him right now. See below image. LOP is roughly equal to length to your bicep like below. You can probably measure his and see. Too long LOP will make recoil feel worse amd will cause fatigue because he won't be able to reach very far out onto the forearm with his supporting arm.

Maybe you can just buy an extra compact buttstock?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have the longer stock fit to him. You can get an adjustable unit fit for what a replacement stock would cost. Then it could grow with him.
Your profile shows Arkansas and that means you have a couple of the best places in the country to get that done.
Rob Roberts in Batesville.
http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/

Graco in Gravette (just west of Bentonville).
https://graco-corp.com/

Also, FWIW great choice. My son is 8 and I have him in a 391 20ga.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
OK great advice guys! Thanks for the links dusty!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post