SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Please School Me on Sig BDX Scopes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please School Me on Sig BDX Scopes Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I am researching scopes for my new M1A precision 6.5 Creedmore. No decisions made yet but I am intrigued by the Sig BDX scopes but other than Sig ads know little of their use in practice. The idea that the rangefinder talks to the scope interests me.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Had the same question a couple weeks ago...

Couple good replies.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3980011084

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much depends on how you expect to use your 6.5 Creedmoor M1A.

I saw a video which states the BDX reticle's lighted aiming dots allow accuracy of about 1 MOA at distance. Just guessing, but I suspect the dots are spaced in 1 MOA increments. One question is whether or not you're willing to settle for vertical accuracy no greater than 1 MOA. Personally, for the manner in which I shoot precision rifles, 1 MOA vertical accuracy is inadequate. I primarily shoot steel targets, which in most instances allow some margin of error on the vertical point of impact. If you intend to shoot at paper targets, your vertical margin of error should be noticeably smaller.

For precision shooting, are you willing to use a reticle which, from what I see in Sig's promo videos, doesn't have windage subtentions? For true precision shooting at distance, understanding windage is really important. There are no machines or computers that will provide you with reliable windage information, especially as target distances increase. Holding wind is a learned skill.

Ballistic programs can only as be as accurate as the input data. If data changes, so will your bullet flight. Will you use different loads -- powder, bullets, muzzle velocity? Will you shoot at different altitudes? Will you shoot during the record high temps of summer, the pleasant times in spring & fall, and during the cold of winter. Change such data and you need a different dope set -- are you willing to deal with that?

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
InRangeTV did a video about the SIG scopes a few months ago. It was a fair review of them overall.

Nothing super technical, but a fair use of 15 minutes.

https://youtu.be/j7XJVyVZ5sk

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
InRangeTV did a video about the SIG scopes a few months ago....

That video is for their Tango6T LPVO 1-6x. This scope has a Sig brand, but shares little else with the OP's scope in question.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post