SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10/22 Scope Recommendations (update pg. 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10/22 Scope Recommendations (update pg. 2) Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Here you go:

Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x 40

$95 right now on Amazon.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I have a Weaver T-Series Target 36X40, model 849974. Here is the rifle, but with a different scope. They retail for more than I thought I had paid for it.

It doesn't fit your budget. You might also consult the people on Rimfire Central as well.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Thanks guys! Here is what I was considering, anyone see any issues with this setup?

Leupold Freedom 2-7x33

Warne 1” Rings

Scope Base

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I would get a traditional picantinny scope base instead of the Leupold 'Weaver' you link to - as it will have more slots to mount the rings on, giving you more options to get the scope where you want it on the rifle. The scope base you link only has 2 slots, so you to adjust the scope you can only move it in the rings themselves, but with this (or a similar base) you have a lot more slots so if you shoot it initially and want to move it, you can just move the rings forward or aft.

Pic scope rail

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I would get a traditional picantinny scope base instead of the Leupold 'Weaver' you link to - as it will have more slots to mount the rings on, giving you more options to get the scope where you want it on the rifle. The scope base you link only has 2 slots, so you to adjust the scope you can only move it in the rings themselves, but with this (or a similar base) you have a lot more slots so if you shoot it initially and want to move it, you can just move the rings forward or aft.

Pic scope rail

Great tip! Thank you.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Id save 90.00 and get the Nikon linked above.

As for traditonal rings, Id opt for Burris.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Id save 90.00 and get the Nikon linked above.

As for traditonal rings, Id opt for Burris.

I had linked to Amazon, but I am actually getting the scope through Jerry’s Sports Center. I believe it was $133 for that specific Leupold.