SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ATACS-AU
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATACS-AU Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Does anyone have anything with ATACS-AU if so please share a photo and if you like it or not.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of it. It seems to be perfect for southern Nevada. I'll try to get some pics later when I get home. Seems like it should be pretty good for the dry & dusty parts of your locale as well. Googled some of the stock pictures in the meantime. The shots of the guys up on rocky stuff are accurate for Nevada.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I ordered it on my GA Precision GAP10.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I don't have it on a rifle yet, but I'm considering hydro-dipping one of them.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks like it'd be a fairly effective urban camo too. We got to see it in use during the San Bernardino attack.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
That looks like great camo for the dry places.

For the parts of Texas where I hunt (greener than that, but not lush), I haven't found anything better than Multicam. It's darn near invisible in the shadows or with any cover at all. I've been some places where it doesn't work worth a damn, though.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
FYI, the AU stands for arid/urban.

posted Hide Post
It's a great option for a rifle IMO. You always want to err on the lighter side with camo because you can always make something darker, but it is hard to make something lighter.

Field-expedient, you can rub some mud or carbon from a burned piece of wood on it. Pop on a few rubber-bands and insert foliage. Add a wrap with ghille material etc.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
It's a great option for a rifle IMO. You always want to err on the lighter side with camo because you can always make something darker, but it is hard to make something lighter.

Field-expedient, you can rub some mud or carbon from a burned piece of wood on it. Pop on a few rubber-bands and insert foliage. Add a wrap with ghille material etc.

That right there is the total truth. Too dark and whatever it is will be a BIG standout.

Take a cue from nature, look at deer. They are a medium tan, and damn near invisible in most circumstances.

A lighter color will become "darker" just by stepping into the Shadows. Yet darker colors ain't gonna get any "lighter" stepping into the light. You will just be better "outlined".

I have afew ATACS-AU items, it works good in the bluegrass state in the fall/winter and of course urban. I mostly have MultiCam. I think that it is fairly good all around camo.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I mostly have MultiCam. I think that it is fairly good all around camo.

It is. I mainly use Multicam and Natural Gear.

Like ATACS-AU, Natural Gear is a relatively light-colored pattern that works well for arid areas and during the dead seasons.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use Natural Gear.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have some atacs clothing but I can't remember if it's the green or desert. I'll try to get it out over the weekend.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture I hope will help. I included a OD Camelbak so you can differentiate between shades.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Here it is next to ACU & coyote. Sorry for the crappy pic.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Here it is next to ACU & coyote. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Great photo, shows the differences well. Most of my personally bought gear is just coyote since it is pretty neutral and not out of place in military settings unlike clashing camo patterns.

Argh, ACU. I am so frustrated we could have had OCP/Multicam back in '05 and skipped the whole ACU fiasco. At least it is corrected now, but I have to buy all my own uniforms. Mad

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post