SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tango 1-4 closeout
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tango 1-4 closeout Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Just got an email from Sig.
Having a sale on the tango1-4 optics
$300
That's a helluva price.

Link for those interested:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store..._content=TANGO4+Sale

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just got that, too. But, I know nothing about this scope, or what's in this series. What do the users say?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have a 1-6 and a 4-16
Both are pretty solid optics.

edit: for reference... my other optics are nightforce and trijicon for the most part.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive been looking for a 1-4 for a potential coyote hunt later this year. Seems like a good deal, maybe ill give it a try

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I could do without the uncapped turrets and for a 1-4 its a bit porky.

Pretty sure SIG is dropping the 1-4 version.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's the one thing I don't like about this model - the sheer size of the turrets.
They're enormous.
I have a pic floating around somewhere of one of them next to a nightforce..
These damn knobs are huge..

posted Hide Post
Looks like it is now out of stock.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own a Tango 1-4, but I played with a couple of them when I was evaluating LPV optics.

The glass is really quite good. Among the best for scopes under $1k list.

It has a nice solid feel. At roughly 20 ounces, it's maybe 3 ounces heavier than some of the other 1-4x or 1-5x models on the market. IMO 3 ounces makes absolutely no difference on a rifle. I suspect the Tango would hold up to some pretty serious abuse.

The eyebox seemed to be pretty forgiving, especially on a fore/aft basis.

Turrets had a good feel -- solid & distinct. Not quite up to Nightforce levels, but noticeably better than many brands. The somewhat tall and exposed elevation turret allows easy use of elevation dialing, in case the user does not wish to use the reticle for elevation corrections.

The only downside to the scope IMO is its reticle options. I don't care much for horseshoe-type holdover reticles. Furthermore, Sig has the absolute worst MOA reticle -- there are no subtension marking designations, or larger subtensions for 10 MOA or 20 MOA. Unfortunate, because everything else works with this scope.

I suspect this is just a small run of scopes that's on sale. It appears to be exactly the same as their SKU STO41001, but in a "special config" and the note "This optic DOES NOT come in standard retail packaging".

For the price of $300 -- if any are still left -- this is a great deal. If you like the reticle.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After looking at the reviews, I was close to trying one for $300 but the issue is the illumination isn't daylight bright - which for a 1-4 FFP reticle is really the only way the reticle is useful at 1x, because it's so small.

Here is a video which shows the reticle for anyone who is interested.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:

Yep. Apparently only lasted a couple of hours.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:

Yep. Apparently only lasted a couple of hours.
They were back in stock for awhile this morning, interested individuals should keep an eye on the link as they may at more available to the queue

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I was tempted, but I saw the same reviews RHINOWSO did about daylight brightness. The almost scary thing is that none of the places that have them listed as being for sale have any reviews - did practically no one get one while they were a regular part of SIG's lineup?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I don't understand FFP reticles on a 1-4 Scope.

Han anyone spent any time with thew Whiskey5 1-5?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Yeah. I don't understand FFP reticles on a 1-4 Scope.
It's doable but you need some sort of thicker external reticle and / or a daylight bright illum to make a center dot (ala the NX8 / 1-8 ATCAR), but this scope looks to have neither.