SIGforum
42rd/AR Promags

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7060088064

September 11, 2019, 01:46 PM
gjgalligan
42rd/AR Promags
Promag has not had real high reputation in the past so I just wonder if anybody has comments on their 42rd AR mags.
Or should I just go with MagPul 40rd mags?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
September 11, 2019, 02:05 PM
sphill
Friends don't let friends buy ProMags. Get the Magpuls
September 11, 2019, 02:22 PM
RogueJSK
The 42 round Promags are $12ish online and quality/reliability is iffy. The 40 round PMAGs are $16ish online and are good to go.

There's zero reason to waste your time with a crappy, unreliable Promag just to save about four bucks.

And if you have an Academy Sports nearby, word on the street is that as of last week, Academy had their 40 round PMAGs on sale at some stores for $9.99.
September 11, 2019, 06:01 PM
Voshterkoff
Bruh
September 11, 2019, 06:11 PM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Bruh

This is the only response necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
September 11, 2019, 06:31 PM
RHINOWSO
I hope you aren't serious...

September 11, 2019, 06:55 PM
fritz
I have actually seen some single stack Promags which function just fine. Could be a fluke, or maybe they make some good ones here and there.

I've heard overwhelmingly bad feedback on double-stack/staggered-stack Promags. Like many shooters here, I advise avoiding them like the plague.

Pmags are reasonably priced now -- buy them instead of Promags. Buy Pmags over Promags, even if Pmags are not reasonably priced.

From a personal point, I don't find the 40 round mags all that useful. Sure, they hold more rounds than the 30s, but they are unwieldy when you must shoot on the move. The 40 rounders are so tall that shooting from barriers can be a challenge. Shooting from prone is just a pain in the neck.

I don't know how much or what kind of shooting you do, but I find 20 rounders and 30 rounders much more reasonable to manage.
September 11, 2019, 07:21 PM
ARMT Guy
OP... do the right thing: avoid ProMag.

Stick with the Magpul.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

September 11, 2019, 07:46 PM
esdunbar
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Bruh

^^^^^^
September 11, 2019, 09:07 PM
Promag - You don't get a second chance to make the first impression.

Q

September 11, 2019, 09:50 PM
LDD
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
From a personal point, I don't find the 40 round mags all that useful. Sure, they hold more rounds than the 30s, but they are unwieldy when you must shoot on the move. The 40 rounders are so tall that shooting from barriers can be a challenge. Shooting from prone is just a pain in the neck.

They also don't fit well in anything but open-topped pouches. Unless you're working something like a TACO or ITW FASTMAG, you won't have a way to carry your fo-tays.

Also, people on the line will look at you weird.
September 11, 2019, 10:47 PM
gjgalligan
I bought some promag mags for my 226 a long time ago, they were ok for general range usage. No real problems but I had heard so many complain about them I had just stayed away from them.

As to the 40 rd mags, I just want a couple to irate a couple liberal family members but at least want them to function if I am going buy them.

And what the hell does"Bruh" mean?

September 12, 2019, 06:31 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
And what the hell does"Bruh" mean?

It's an exasperated version of the term "Bro".

Often used when someone does something foolish, or asks an obvious question.

Sort of shorthand for "Seriously, brother... what were you thinking?".
September 12, 2019, 07:09 AM
gjgalligan
So, asking if a company had improved their product is foolish question?

September 12, 2019, 07:20 AM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
So, asking if a company had improved their product is foolish question?

For Promag it is. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

September 12, 2019, 07:36 AM
RogueJSK
Relax. I assume it was used as an attempt at lighthearted ribbing (hence the humerous slang), not straight up calling you a fool.