SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .30-06 therapy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30-06 therapy Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
A friend is having a rough patch, so after he got off work today we went shooting.

A few magazines of 9x19mm through his P226 (which is an early 1990s German gun that is immaculate, even though he shoots it every few months) I dragged out my Garand..

It was a bit of a surprise for him, but after the briefest tutorial he took my rifle and proceeded to blaze away with a half dozen clips of Greek surplus.

It was a pleasure to watch. With each shot the look of unhappiness on his face disappeared. By the end, he was a new man.

I'd love to find a way to get him to shoot more. With more practice, he'd be an outstanding pistol and rifle shooter. I'm talking "top level Camp Perry" shooter.

Suffice to say when we parted after shooting, he was far more relaxed, life and work issus were less of a psychic drain, and I knew my mission of mercy today was an outstanding success.

MY CHALLENGE TO YOU

Take a friend shooting.

Preferably one who is dealing with some godawfulbullsnot in his/her life.

They'll emerge new people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Please edit and remove that l 2340. You must spell his name correctly... Wink The M1 just has a way of making a new to it shooter, smile and reach for more ammo. I remember the days my Clubs had boxed Lake City. So shiney and that smell of surplus War material... Big Grin.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I agree. Ballistic therapy (any caliber or type) can do wonders for the general attitude.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post