SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Another SKS came home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another SKS came home Login/Join 
Questions = Harassment
posted
I couldn't pass this one up, unfired Norinco/Poly factory /526\ Type 56. I remember when these were about $80. I would have passed if it had been fired, but everything on the inside is still caked in cosmoline, and it was local. When did they start getting so pricey? I took this one at $495, my last two or three were $250-$350.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
very nice example.

Everyone should own a SKS.

Sadly I sold my Paratroper (I think that is waht they called it, it was shorter than most) that I paid $119.00.

It was a handy little rifle and I wish I had it back.

I remember when you could buy a SKS for $100.00 and a case (1100 rounds) of steel core ammo for $99.00.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. The good old days.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
Bought my Type 56 about 4 years ago at a garage sale. It was covered in cosmoline and the stock is very rough. Price was $85.00.
Made in 1958. I plan to refinish stock this summer and develop a good load for it.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Was this one listed on Armslist in NoVA? If so, I was gonna grab today but it was sold.

I have a nice Izhmash and now need a Norinco. Nice score.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Was this one listed on Armslist in NoVA? If so, I was gonna grab today but it was sold.

I have a nice Izhmash and now need a Norinco. Nice score.

I grabbed this one around the Hampton area.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Nice ... If you think about it, if one were to be made now, in the US, with the same quality, a $600 - $800 price tag wouldn't be unrealistic ... At least in my opinion.

I've still got a $200 Russian laminated and a beater Yugo somewhere, sadly they don't get shot often ... Maybe in a few years when I retire I'll have more time.
I'd still like to find a decent pistol grip stock. I don't care for the Crapco AR (after-thought) stock ... I like the feel of the folding stock that's been around forever but the stock is like 4" too long for me Frown

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I picked up one just like yours at my LGS about 6 weeks ago ($500). Like you, I saw it and had to have it!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig: When did they start getting so pricey? I

I know for sure at least 5 years ago because that's when I bought my Norinco and I paid $500 for it then.

I also bought a Russian version from a forum member here about a year prior for about the same amount. I've only fired each a couple times but wouldn't sell them again like I did back in 1993(I stupidly sold my Russian to buy a Mini 30, then traded that for an AK.) My 2 SKS's will be given to my 2 boys when they are ready to shoot in the next few years.

Your Norino has beautiful wood and is a great example, Mettlepig.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
In Blue lib-tard states SKS isn't an assault rifle. No detachable magazines or pistol grip. Let's not clue the Democrats in on the facts that Soviets and Red Chinese thought of them as assault weapons.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Guys they've been getting pricy for more than just the last 5 years. It's the import laws, supply and demand.

quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
In Blue lib-tard states SKS isn't an assault rifle. No detachable magazines or pistol grip. Let's not clue the Democrats in on the facts that Soviets and Red Chinese thought of them as assault weapons.

The "assault weapon" bit is already irrelevant. Already they're moving in on "semiautomatic" weapons. WA would be only one example. It's incrementalism, and we aren't "cluing them in" on anything they aren't already trying to do.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice SKS OP....I bought a "paratrooper" model (Type M) with montecarlo stock (no bayonet), awhile back...my first SKS. It took me awhile to figure out how to disassemble it. Compared to a AR15 its actually complicated. Many desire it as a survival rifle.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
How's the trigger (negative seer engagement)?
If they were manufactured today it might be closer to $1500.

Someone had to have this one (GB 798693221) Eek

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought a really nice Russian one for a pretty good price a few years ago. Its like new.

Will never sell it.

I should mount a flashlight to it and stick it in the corner for some nostalgia home defense.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post