SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Case or Bag for Scar 17s suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case or Bag for Scar 17s suggestions? Login/Join 
Picture of D4Heavy
posted
Tired of walking through the gun range lobby with my Scar 17 slung across my back.Looking for a case or bag that will hold my Scar, suppressor, optic and mags. I prefer to keep everything attached but not a requirement. It doesn’t have to be bomb proof but I like fit form and function.

What do you guys suggest?

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience is with the 5.11 Urban Sniper and Blackhawk/Midway USA Sniper Drag Bags. No issues.

5.11 is more compact, but I like the drag bag when bringing other gear like spotting scope and stand, etc.

Midway USA price, quality and color choices for the drag bag is worth taking a look at.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
S.E.R.T. rifle case.
Nothing else compares.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
S.E.R.T. rifle case.
Nothing else compares.

+1. Bought one on recommendation from the Forum and it’s great.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Yes the SERT cases are the highest quality of any that I have found. The 42” is a perfect fit for the Scar 17.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Are the SERT cases sized so that they will fit nicely into a Pelican case? I like the idea of a padded case containing the rifle that is the same width as the Pelican case so that it fits snugly.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I checked out the SERT and will most likely get one. They seem to be top notch.

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Are the SERT cases sized so that they will fit nicely into a Pelican case? I like the idea of a padded case containing the rifle that is the same width as the Pelican case so that it fits snugly.

Yes.
This is the 36" SERT in a Storm/Pelican iM3100.
The fit is absolutely perfect.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

Yes.
This is the 36" SERT in a Storm/Pelican iM3100.
The fit is absolutely perfect.

Outstanding, that's exactly what I was hoping to see. Thanks Agony.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
You might take a look at Peak Case, they built a case to my spec for my 551, it cost about $250 delivered (I had them cut it for a couple different scopes and pistols. They have different lengths available, I wanted the shortest one which is 37".

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kimberkid, I looked a the Peak Case site and it looks perfect for another project of mine (not a SCAR). But I've ordered custom foam before and been disappointed. How stiff and durable is this version? if you were using it all the time.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else look at Kimberkids case and think “Yep, he is a British spy”? Big Grin

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
kimberkid, I looked a the Peak Case site and it looks perfect for another project of mine (not a SCAR). But I've ordered custom foam before and been disappointed. How stiff and durable is this version? if you were using it all the time.

I've used it for range trips several times, the foam seems pretty stiff but not so that it leaves a mark in it if you press down real hard with your finger.

quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
Does anyone else look at Kimberkids case and think “Yep, he is a British spy”? Big Grin

Razz Aw, dang ... 40 years as a double 0 and ya got me!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:

Beware the Ordinary Man, For you tend to underestimate him. Wink

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post