SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Nice results at the range last week.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice results at the range last week. Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I tested a customer Bula M14 that I bedded into a wood stock last week. I usually expect 1 MOA to 1.5 MOA. With less than 10 rounds downrange to zero the scope, I fired a nice 0.74 MOA group at 200 yards. I'll take that any day...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Oh Yeah! Sweet.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! You leave the range feeling like all is right.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Wow! Can you post a pic of that rifle and a brief list of hardware specs or mods?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It's actually pretty basic. It's a factory built Bula rifle with a medium weight Bula barrel and a unitized Bula gas cylinder. All I did was bed the rifle into the wood stock. Here are numbers 1 and 2 of 6.

The rifle I shot the 3/4 MOA was number 3. I have three more to bed. The rifle I shot looks identical to these two. The first two shot 1 to 1.5 MOA. Number 3 seems to have outperformed the rest. I used to trim the liners and give some room for the bedding in front and back of the receiver legs.

A couple of years ago, I switched my method and now I remove the metal liner and modify it so that it fits tighter around the receiver legs, then I glue it back into the wood stock. I still route the wood all around the receiver and bed it as normal. The only difference now is that the receiver legs fit really tight into the liner, so it's metal-to-metal with no slop at all on the front and back of the legs.

After removing the trigger group, I need to hold the rifle up by the rear sight and whack the comb of the stock with a rubber mallet to get the action apart from the stock. When reinstalling the action, I need to use a carpenter's clamp to seat the action all the way down, then install the trigger group and clamp it shut.

I open up the front of the stock around the gas cylinder and I clear wood from underneath the operating rod guide so that it free floats in the stock forearm. I clear the bottom and back of the hand guard so it's not touching the stock or the face of the receiver.

I used s Bradley Cheek rest, a Bassett scope mount and a SWFA fixed 10X MIL-DOT scope.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post