SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger PC9 Maintenance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger PC9 Maintenance Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a Ruger PC9 carbine and anticipate it arriving sometime next week. I’d appreciate hearing any tips regarding routine maintenance, especially tightening the barrel after disassembly from those who own one. Thanks, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Dr., just shoot the piss out of it and clean it now and then.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My barrel fit was fine as it was set right out of the box. No adjustment after cleaning needed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been simple and reliable. At first , I thought it wasn't particularly accurate but then I watched a youtube video where the fellow showed how to snug up the barrel a little ( turn a ring about 1/8 turn) and guess what ?? It now shoots just fine ! Big Grin

I enjoy mine as a plinker and range gun. When it comes time to clean it , it simply reminds me of Ruger's 10/22 big brother...simple to clean.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Dr., just shoot the piss out of it and clean it now and then.

This is my recommended course of action. In the off chance you have some sort of issue, Ruger has excellent customer support.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will just shoot the heck out of it. Thanks, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post