SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Fostech
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fostech Login/Join 
posted
Anyone using a Fostech trigger? Is it worth the price and does it function as advertised? May be a moot question if they get banned long with bump stocks!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 553 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
I have a Franklin BFS Gen 3. It works exactly as advertised. It’s as close to FA as you can get.

Posts: 3644 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have binary triggers from both FosTech and Franklin Armory and purchased them when they first came out. I put the Franklin Armory Gen III trigger into the MPX and it has worked out well. The FosTech at the required a specialized BCG that came with the trigger or required you to modify your existing BCG. If I recall correctly they have since addressed that issue. I haven't tried to FosTech, yet, but function check appears good.

Posts: 524 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Fair warning on Fostech. I tried to get RMA/Customer Service from them with zero percent response to my plight. FWIW I like the product but am not a fan of the service.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 372 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fostech sells the replacement part that will convert a gen 1 trigger to use a regular full auto profile bcg. Yes, they work as advertised. I can't answer if it is worth it, do you want the ability to fire quickly with out all the NFA cost and scrutiny, that is up to you to decide?

Posts: 1382 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Put the Fostech in a Spikes Tactical Crusader.
Only had it out once.

Nice for shooting a precision second shot, no jerking of the trigger.
Shoot one target, move to the next and fire with release of the trigger.

For mimicking full auto fire, naw just a waste of ammo. Requires you to pull the trigger all the way back to stage it for the second shot.

Think with a little bit of fiddling and know how you could improve the reset for the second shot.
There was a YouTube video showing how to improve the trigger. Need to look for it, hope they haven't taken it down.

"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”
Donald Trump (POTUS) Jan. 20th 2017

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!" King Leonidas of Sparta

Posts: 2757 | Location: NC | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post