SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Echo trigger install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Echo trigger install Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the Echo 2 triggers? I’m trying to help a buddy out with one. We can not get the upper to fully close on the lower. It looks like the “ears” on the trigger lock are making contact with the bolt carrier. Yes, it is a full auto carrier ans I’ve done what the provided instructions say, but no luck. If it makes a difference, the lower is from PSA. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
You need to push that part with ears towards the hammer then pull the trigger and hold it (while in safe) and close the upper. This will allow it to clear the bolt carrier.

Pretty sure this is in the instructions.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that’s how we did it per the instructions, but were still unable to get it closed. This has been a real pain in the ass. If we do pull the charging handle back to get the clearance, will the carrier not jam against the ears?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by bigarms:
Yeah, that’s how we did it per the instructions, but were still unable to get it closed. This has been a real pain in the ass. If we do pull the charging handle back to get the clearance, will the carrier not jam against the ears?

Mine doesnt. Go through these steps:
1. Follow trigger instructions (that are supposed to work).
2. While holding trigger to the rear, give the trigger safety a bit of extra push forward to take up any slack
3. Close upper as much as possible
4. Pull charging handle to the rear bout 1/2"

This is what works on mine.

Some of my uppers/carriers work per instructions, others I have to pull the bolt carrier back a bit to get it to close completely too ... also, putting it in binary mode and holding the trigger back seems to keep the sear a bit further forward too.

Another tip, sometimes I have to have both pins out, and kind of slide the to halves together while pulling the garage handle back a bit, then push the pins in.

Has anyone else shot any other caliber's? I've shot the 300BO and 7.62x39 in binary, however in 7.62x39 the charge handle has dis-engaged and popped me in the nose a couple times.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put the selector on "echo" mode, push the part forward and hold the trigger back close the upper and lower and hold the trigger until you push the rear takedown pin in, done.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
Put the selector on "echo" mode, push the part forward and hold the trigger back close the upper and lower and hold the trigger until you push the rear takedown pin in, done.

I guess you didn't understand the problem ... or read any of the rest of the thread.

posted Hide Post
You need to measure the depth of the shelf height at safety switch bar. Needs to be approximately 1.5 deep depending on lower manufacturers certain models have higher shelf. If lower enough. Then yes usually put on echo more and push bar foreword to close. Mine works in a piston gun fine. Going to try a colt 9mm soon

Posts: 29 | Location: tn | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpritch654:
You need to measure the depth of the shelf height at safety switch bar. Needs to be approximately 1.5 deep depending on lower manufacturers certain models have higher shelf. If lower enough. Then yes usually put on echo more and push bar foreword to close. Mine works in a piston gun fine. Going to try a colt 9mm soon

I've got some uppers that work per the instruction just fine but others don't ... that wouldn't be a shelf issue, I think its a bolt issue.
I tried the Echo with my 9mm Colt upper and it wouldn't fit as the bolt isn't the same as the M-16, however it works fine on my M16 lower.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. Finally got a response from the manny, and it was pretty much what has been said here.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I use an olfa knife blade. It's thin enough to slip between the upper and lower. I press the lever forward and close the gun. then I slip the blade out. Had I read the instructions I might have learn the right way to do it....lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post