SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help ID This .22 Rifle Magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ID This .22 Rifle Magazine Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
My neighbor gave me a quantity of old .22 ammo. Included was this .22 rifle magazine. It's all steel and appears to hold seven (7) rounds of .22 LR. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang. That is an interesting piece. I have seen the pull-down tab at the bottom before.

At first I thought marlin 56, that is not it. I want to say H&R or Highstandard 22lr magazine

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hmm, Two thoughts. A different version of this
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ma...-round-magazine.html

The other place I have seen mags like that is on olympic style 22lr pistols with the mag forward of the trigger gaurd. Check bakail, benelli, peroni, walther. etc.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks like a mossburg magazine.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Mossberg 44 magazine.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Looks like a mossburg magazine.

ding we have a winner. Mossberg 42m, 42, 43,44,

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/68210B

posted Hide Post
The others are correct. That is the same as the one sitting in my old model 42m(a). Those old mossbergs are a joy to shoot.

Posts: 226 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post