SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger releases short barrel rif.... er, short barrel PC carbine pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger releases short barrel rif.... er, short barrel PC carbine pistol Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Ruger just introduced the short barrel PC carbine 9mm pistol. Looks like it has a rear picatinny mount that is so popular these days so that a folding pistol brace can be mounted.

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCharger/models.html

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yawn...

Yet another guy offering a PCC. How original.

At least the quick take down front end may be a selling point. That at least, is new.

Still, I'm gonna' pass, at least 'till the beta testers are done with it. I see no reason to run to my LGS to trade in my B&T products.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I already have a Scorpion EVO 3 Micro, a gun this Ruger seems to emulate, so no thanks. Read it uses the same 10/22 trigger system, that's kinda interesting, maybe a nice Kidd trigger could be installed aftermarket.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see no reason to run to my LGS to trade in my B&T products

What sense does that make to even bring up B&T and trading? Here's a gun with a list of $799 and a street price likely a couple hundred less. I'm not sure what B&T you have but my acp9 was well over $2K. The comparison is silly. What is nice is ruger has introduced a gun that will make it possible for more people to get into the PCC game given the price point. bravo for them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Yawn...

At least the quick take down front end may be a selling point. That at least, is new.

Still, I'm gonna' pass, at least 'till the beta testers are done with it. I see no reason to run to my LGS to trade in my B&T products.

H&K-Guy

Talk about yawn... this whole post.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am interested but I would like them to sweeten the deal by making a CZ Scorpion magazine magwell available. I don’t own a Glock so I don’t have a surplus of Glock hate sticks laying around and I really am not a fan of the backward swept magazine look. But this PC Charger and a dozen Magpul Scorpion magazines? Winner.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
But this PC Charger and a dozen Magpul Scorpion magazines? Winner.
Easier to just buy a Scorpion... IMO, anyway...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, easier to buy a Scorpion except the CZ is a smidge more and I then have to spend a little more on aftermarket parts to fix the design shortcomings. Granted, not an unreasonable amount but maybe $50 for a new hammer spring, grip, and safeties.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a pc9 carbine already that I love. Built a p80 just to have and excuse to buy more glock mags.

Been waiting for this so I am 100% in. I love the scorpion and have been eyeing one for a while but I think I will go with this instead.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Ruger snuck that one in on us. It’s a cool looking little pistol.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Yawn...

H&K-Guy

I own five B&T's (maybe six, I forget) and will be snagging one of these with the Glock magwell. It will make a nice option with my NAK-9

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think these are all good options. Between my MPX, Kriss, Bnt, and PTR KT9 and Old FM9. PCC's are becoming better every day.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Although only semi-interested, I’m surprised Ruger didn’t offer this in 5.7 as they just released their “57” pistol. In that caliber I would be seriously interested - as in Beta buyer.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I love my Scorpion Micro but if this was available when I bought the CZ I might have got it instead. I’ve got a lot of Glock mags already so I would have saved a ton between mags and the base price.

The CZ looks cooler though and now I’m invested so I have no plans to sell it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of like it. It uses Glock mags which is a big plus for me. The look of it is kind of plain but that is one reason I like it. I wonder what street price will be.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I kind of like it. It uses Glock mags which is a big plus for me. The look of it is kind of plain but that is one reason I like it. I wonder what street price will be.

This is where i am at too. I like it. If the CZ took glock mags, i would have bought one already.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, but the only Glock mags worth running are the 30-33 rd ones, and they are way more pricey than the PSA Scorpion 30 rd mags, which work perfectly.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can buy a lot of glock mags for the difference in price between the Ruger and the CZ. And at least the glock ones don't crack the feed lips like the CZ ones.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1, Amen
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
You can buy a lot of glock mags for the difference in price between the Ruger and the CZ. And at least the glock ones don't crack the feed lips like the CZ ones.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's enough choice and different price points out there to be picky so I'd avoid direct blowback at this point. I'd suggest the Stribog SP9 A3 or CMMG Banshee. The A3 just got approved for import so it probably won't be on shelves until later this year. I'd include the Sig MPX, love mine, but I picked it up for a screaming deal. They're usually pretty $$$.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post