SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Windham Weaponry SRC .308 Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Windham Weaponry SRC .308 Rifle Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
What the word on the Windham Weaponry SRC .308 Rifle. LGS has one for $1190.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
My experience with the SRC (Sight Ready Carbine) in 5.56 - I liked the overall feel, accurate enough for what I needed, with excellent (to me) fit and finish - would have me handing over the hard earned, to address my interest for the AR-10 platform.

The SRC-308 is reasonably light at 7.55lbs unloaded; perhaps a factor for some?

Sure, one can spend a lot more on other AR-10 platform manufacturers.

Wyndham has former Bushmaster employees, with lifetime, transferable warranties on products.

Tactical Life magazine had a brief review that has me intrigued ...

Windham Weaponry’s SRC-308

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I've also been reading some other reviews also like this one from American Rifleman.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...ponry-src-308-rifle/

It seems to check all the boxs I want in a AR-10. 16.5" chromed lined barrel mid length gas system and uses ar-15 trigger parts.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Thanks! I've also been reading some other reviews also like this one from American Rifleman.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...ponry-src-308-rifle/

It seems to check all the boxs I want in a AR-10. 16.5" chromed lined barrel mid length gas system and uses ar-15 trigger parts.

... thank you for that link.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up the Windham Weapony AR10 SCR 308. Another shop had a Armalite AR10 Defensive Sporting Rifle 308 that was actually cheaper and look very similar and was only a few OZ heavier look good but the trigger in the Armalite was very bad in fact it was the worst trigger I have felt in a AR.

So went with the Windham Weapony SCR 308. I figured the Windham Weapony lifetime Warranty was worth a little extra. About the only thing I did not care for was the rear stock is kind of cheap and a little on the loose side. I will most likely replace it down the road anyway.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I own one. I paid much less. I think I paid around $700 for it new -only reason I bought it. The buffer tube was out of spec (drilled too deep) and allowed the gas key to slam into the lower. They sent me a new buffer tube which fixed the problem. It's been 100% reliable.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
the trigger in the Armalite was very bad in fact it was the worst trigger I have felt in a AR.

Kinda like dragging a cinder block on asphalt?
So it felt like my Colt! (and that's AFTER pulling it, cleaning and lubing. It fired on the third "crunch")
Small wonder that ARs have a healthy following of trigger manufacturers.

Congrats on the new toy! Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please give us a range report when you can.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post