SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Cowboy Assault Rifle Pistol Caliber
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cowboy Assault Rifle Pistol Caliber Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Another good argument for pistol caliber lever action carbines:

.357 Magnum, .41 Magnum and .44 Magnum ballistics really get a boost from 4" handgun to carbine length barrels.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch...megraphs/357mag.html

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/calibers.html
9MM, .40 and .45ACP not so much.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I would also prefer a standard loop lever vs a large lever. I don't shoot in gloves, ever.

Well if the loop's made from metal and you get the Marlin 1894, I am willing to trade my early 2000's 1894 (.44 mag) std loop for the enlarged loop.

My hands are too big to comfortably shoot more than a few rounds without the loop trying to break my finger(s).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised more didn’t move briskly during the C19 outbreak at my LGS. The lone pistol caliber carbine that was inventory was understandable the outlier. I do like that Codymatic that Henry has devised. Clever lever..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Thank goodness Henry finally added a side gate; that was a deal killer for a lot of people. Personally, I'd rather have a straight stock- makes for a leaner package.

Yeah I may have to go with the henry as well. one can cure Marlin loading gate problems with after market mods as well as the trigger and extractor. I may just do that instead. love my 357 lever gun with peep sights.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post