SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swiss diopter guns & the B&T picitinny rail ... FYI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss diopter guns & the B&T picitinny rail ... FYI Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
For those that have them, you know that without the right wrench, they are a PITA it is to put it on and take it off.

The wrench is a 7mm open end and most wrench sets start with the smallest being an 8mm ... that is until you get into professional wrenches.

I've been using a Snap-On for years but dont like the empty slot in my wrench drawer ...

Anyway, getting to the point, I was in Menards this afternoon and they had a single 7mm wrench for $1.99! Now, no empty slot AND one in my tool kit!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I snagged one from Amazon...it was cheap, but not that cheap lol

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
When I was putting my JP 6.5 Creedmoor together I needed a 1-3/8" wrench, and been all over town, of course Snap-on & Mac had one but they were $80+ ... had already been to Lowes & Home Depot Ace Hardware, NAPA etc. just about everyone had 1", 1.25" & 1.5" but with no luck with 1-3/8 stopped in Menards, not expecting anything but in there it was a Crecent brand wrench for $15 ... brand new.
SCORE ... but I spent half the day and probably $20 in gas!

So anytime I need a wrench that I may never use again I head to Menards ... the thing is its a decent quality, not Snap-On but like the older heavy Craftsman tools.

posted Hide Post
Every possible wrench in every possible size and quality is easily available online. So unless you are desperate to get it done today I can't imagine drive around shopping.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Every possible wrench in every possible size and quality is easily available online. So unless you are desperate to get it done today I can't imagine drive around shopping.

I couldn't believe it was that difficult to find!

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Years ago, after my order of 55X rails arrived, the first thing I did was determine what size wrench was needed, then diddybopped on over to Sears and picked up the single Craftsman wrench needed and that has stayed in my tool kit ever since...works like a charm.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post