SIGforum
Swiss diopter guns & the B&T picitinny rail ... FYI

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6950052074

May 16, 2020, 06:08 PM
kimberkid
Swiss diopter guns & the B&T picitinny rail ... FYI
For those that have them, you know that without the right wrench, they are a PITA it is to put it on and take it off.

The wrench is a 7mm open end and most wrench sets start with the smallest being an 8mm ... that is until you get into professional wrenches.

I've been using a Snap-On for years but dont like the empty slot in my wrench drawer ...

Anyway, getting to the point, I was in Menards this afternoon and they had a single 7mm wrench for $1.99! Now, no empty slot AND one in my tool kit!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
May 17, 2020, 10:38 AM
PGT
I snagged one from Amazon...it was cheap, but not that cheap lol
May 17, 2020, 11:38 AM
kimberkid
When I was putting my JP 6.5 Creedmoor together I needed a 1-3/8" wrench, and been all over town, of course Snap-on & Mac had one but they were $80+ ... had already been to Lowes & Home Depot Ace Hardware, NAPA etc. just about everyone had 1", 1.25" & 1.5" but with no luck with 1-3/8 stopped in Menards, not expecting anything but in there it was a Crecent brand wrench for $15 ... brand new.
SCORE ... but I spent half the day and probably $20 in gas!

So anytime I need a wrench that I may never use again I head to Menards ... the thing is its a decent quality, not Snap-On but like the older heavy Craftsman tools.

May 17, 2020, 08:51 PM
hrcjon
Every possible wrench in every possible size and quality is easily available online. So unless you are desperate to get it done today I can't imagine drive around shopping.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
May 18, 2020, 06:25 PM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Every possible wrench in every possible size and quality is easily available online. So unless you are desperate to get it done today I can't imagine drive around shopping.

I couldn't believe it was that difficult to find!

May 20, 2020, 02:36 AM
Modern Day Savage
Years ago, after my order of 55X rails arrived, the first thing I did was determine what size wrench was needed, then diddybopped on over to Sears and picked up the single Craftsman wrench needed and that has stayed in my tool kit ever since...works like a charm.