SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Show me your Mk12 build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show me your Mk12 build Login/Join 
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted
Lately, I have been giving some serious thought to doing a Mk12 build. I'm not really interested in being 100% "clone correct", so I guess my build will be more of a Mock 12 than a Mark 12. I have a Colt 6920 that doesn't see much use in its current configuration, so I'll probably use the lower, upper receiver, and BCG from that gun. As far as everything else goes, I'm open to suggestions. I like Knight's Armament stuff quite a lot, so I'm leaning towards their 2 stage trigger, RAS handguards, backup iron sights, and bipod adapter.

I'll probably go with a Harris Bipod and a Leupold 3x or 3.5x optic. I know the PRI gas buster charging handle was used for the most part, but I'll most likely go with a Radian Raptor ambi charging handle.

As far as barrels and muzzle devices go, I'm not really sure. To be close to correct, I would need a Douglas barrel with Allen Engineering brake and collar and an AEM5 suppressor. But I sort of want to use one of the cans I already have, so I will probably deviate from clone correctness here.

So if you've done a Mk12 build, whether it be Mod 0, Mod 1, or Mod H, I would be interested in seeing/hearing about what you did and how difficult the parts were to find.

Thanks!!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post