SIGforum
Looking for a sling for my work M4

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6940003164

October 03, 2019, 02:53 PM
guardianangel762
Looking for a sling for my work M4
I used a Advanced gunfighter HIT sling. It has the ability to be a 2 point sling that locks the gun to you but go to a single point via a quick release. I have used a ram, climbed ladders with the gun not flopping all over. The ability to pull a quick release to unlock the gun from that position is nice. They are spendy and take like it is 1986 to get to your house.

Link

October 04, 2019, 10:32 AM
szuppo
I have a few VTAC's. What is the difference between it and the VCAS? The adjusting tab?

Semper Fi
October 04, 2019, 11:15 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
I have a few VTAC's. What is the difference between it and the VCAS? The adjusting tab?

The main difference is the adjustment mechanism. Similar adjustable end result, just a different way of getting there.

There are also some differences in construction, with the VTAC slings being made from thinner and slicker materials.

(Personally, I find the VCAS adjustment mechanism to be superior, since it's not only simpler to operate, with all adjustments being done by simply pulling forward or backward on the adjustment mechanism itself, but also easier and faster to adjust. The VCAS also doesn't have the dangling/trailing tail of excess sling material when cinched down, like the VTAC does.)

VTAC:

VCAS:

October 04, 2019, 11:38 AM
szuppo
Got it. Thanks.

Semper Fi
October 04, 2019, 01:48 PM
ARMT Guy
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

The main difference is the adjustment mechanism. Similar adjustable end result, just a different way of getting there.

There are also some differences in construction, with the VTAC slings being made from thinner and slicker materials.

(Personally, I find the VCAS adjustment mechanism to be superior, since it's not only simpler to operate, with all adjustments being done by simply pulling forward or backward on the adjustment mechanism itself, but also easier and faster to adjust. The VCAS also doesn't have the dangling/trailing tail of excess sling material when cinched down, like the VTAC does.)

While the nylon hardware is stout as hell and saves a ton of weight off the VCAS slings, I prefer BFG's aluminum adjusters for an even more solid adjustment. I wish BFG would bring back their aluminum triglides! Pricier than the current steel triglides but lighter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

October 15, 2019, 10:45 PM
Campusninja
Blue Force gear for my 6920. Giving the Haley Strategic D3 a try on a DD M4v7 SLW. So far very satisfied with the D3.
October 15, 2019, 11:09 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Blue Force Gear VCAS. https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-sling

I have them on all my defensive long guns.

Yep. This is my vote as well.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
October 19, 2019, 10:37 PM
HCM
quote:
quote:

VTAC:

VCAS:

The resemblance between the VTAC sling and the quick adjust strap of an ALICE pack is not an accident.
October 20, 2019, 05:27 PM
john1
I used a "Chalker sling" for duty use for a couple of reasons.
(https://jerseytactical.com/product-category/tactical-gear/chalker-slings/)

Trying to unlimber a carbine from the rack when bailing out on a felony stop with a dangling sling hanging up on everything on the console was a regular issue.

The Chalker solved that problem. It fits over both shoulders and has a quick release on a slider in the middle of your chest for a one-point attachment.

I wore it under my shirt, over my vest and after getting out of the truck, I only had to unzip my uniform shirt, retrieve the tail with the quick release, and when the opportunity presented I hooked it to the single-point on the carbine. Then it functioned like a regular (nut-bashing) single-point for searching, cuffing, etc.

The agency went to external vests pretty much after I retired so for guys with those a "wolf hook" sling would operate the same.

This worked well for me on the job, and now my situation is different, so I use a VTAC two-point adjustable.