SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tavor TS 12 Opinions if you have one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tavor TS 12 Opinions if you have one Login/Join 
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted
I want one.I have a Tavor X95 and I like it. I want a TS12 just for the hell of it. Tell me what you think.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a Tavor X95 for a couple of years now and I really liked it. I've been looking for a high capacity 12 gauge shotgun for a while and just didn't like the long length of the 10 round magazine under a shotgun. I've read nothing but good things about the Tavor PS12 so I finally broke down and purchased one a few weeks ago. I received the shotgun a few days ago and yesterday, I had some time so I decided to familiarize myself with it's controls and function. I have found one minor problem and a huge big problem. First the minor slight problem. Manual bolt release very hard to push in, but it does finally release with substantial pressure on the button. The huge problem came when I loaded all three tubes with five rounds of Federal buckshot to test the feeding and ejection functions, with safety "On". I loaded the first shell into chamber just fine. I pulled the slide back manually and ejected the shell just fine. With the slide pulled back I noticed that the next shell was not released from the tube onto the elevator. I released the slide and no shell was fed. I then pulled back the slide over and over and still no shell was released or fed into the chamber. I even tried taking the safety "Off" but it didn't help. With safety back on I them went to the "Carrier Stop Lever". I push it in and there was a heavy slam of something being released from spring tension. I them operated the blot again and a shell released and fed properly. The next shell would not release again. Pressed on the Carrier Stop Lever again and ran the bolt again and shell fed. once I feed the shell and eject it the tubes will not rotate until I press on the Carrier Stop Lever to release whatever is happening inside the shotgun. Rotated the tubes and tried the same procedure on all three tubes with same results. I have tried Federal, Winchester, and Remington ammo. I sent an email to IWI customer service last night but have not received an answer yet.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnC11:
I've had a Tavor X95 for a couple of years now and I really liked it. I've been looking for a high capacity 12 gauge shotgun for a while and just didn't like the long length of the 10 round magazine under a shotgun. I've read nothing but good things about the Tavor PS12 so I finally broke down and purchased one a few weeks ago. I received the shotgun a few days ago and yesterday, I had some time so I decided to familiarize myself with it's controls and function. I have found one minor problem and a huge big problem. First the minor slight problem. Manual bolt release very hard to push in, but it does finally release with substantial pressure on the button. The huge problem came when I loaded all three tubes with five rounds of Federal buckshot to test the feeding and ejection functions, with safety "On". I loaded the first shell into chamber just fine. I pulled the slide back manually and ejected the shell just fine. With the slide pulled back I noticed that the next shell was not released from the tube onto the elevator. I released the slide and no shell was fed. I then pulled back the slide over and over and still no shell was released or fed into the chamber. I even tried taking the safety "Off" but it didn't help. With safety back on I them went to the "Carrier Stop Lever". I push it in and there was a heavy slam of something being released from spring tension. I them operated the blot again and a shell released and fed properly. The next shell would not release again. Pressed on the Carrier Stop Lever again and ran the bolt again and shell fed. once I feed the shell and eject it the tubes will not rotate until I press on the Carrier Stop Lever to release whatever is happening inside the shotgun. Rotated the tubes and tried the same procedure on all three tubes with same results. I have tried Federal, Winchester, and Remington ammo. I sent an email to IWI customer service last night but have not received an answer yet.

Like many semi-auto shotguns, the TS-12 will not release subsequent rounds on to the elevator without pulling the trigger or pressing the shell release button.

Also, like many semi-auto shotguns, the TS-12 will likely require a number of full charge buckshot rounds to be run through it before it is reliable with lighter loads.

I'm in the market for one myself.

Here's some reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...4KsRV8&frags=pl%2Cwn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...0WqRTQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I just received my TS-12. Have only function tested it and all seems well. I think this thing is going to be fun. It will not replace my M4 but I can see where it would come in very handy.
When I opened the box all I could think of was "Starship Troopers". Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post