SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg 590 Shockwave trigger guard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg 590 Shockwave trigger guard Login/Join 
Picture of highlander81
posted
The Mossberg Shockwave is listed as a model 590. However, it has the heavy walled barrel of the 590a1. Does it also have the metal trigger guard housing of the 590a1? Or the plastic 590 trigger guard.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
With it cut that short, how can you tell it has the heavy barrel?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
With it cut that short, how can you tell it has the heavy barrel?

The Mossberg website says it has the heavy walled barrel.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just looked at mine. Trigger guard is plastic.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Ramius,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Take care

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It is still a lot of fun!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I have the Nighstick version. Probably put 100 rounds through mine the other day. I eventually found it easy to hit bottles consistently with slugs from about 20 yards away.

The Shockwave should be classified as an anti-depressant. I’ve never had this much fun with a gun before. You can’t not smile after doing some rapid fire.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
afaik only the 590A1 has the metal guard

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
While not a Shockwave, here is a pic of the end of the barrels from my 590A1 and my 590 (Both 18.5") The 590 does have the plastic trigger guard and safety, the 590A1 has metal.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mbinkys photo shows clearly what I call the "Sewer Pipe Effect". Several bad guys I showed the sewer pipe to surrendered meekly. Better than shack-shack, maybe.
I have to get a Shockwave.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I am seriously considering the Crimson Trace laser saddle for my Shockwave. Seems like a worthwhile addition.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I am seriously considering the Crimson Trace laser saddle for my Shockwave. Seems like a worthwhile addition.

If I may...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....n-trace-lasersaddle/

It takes the Shockwave to another level.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post