SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    UPDATE IN OP: Recommend 7mm-08 commercial deer hunting round
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE IN OP: Recommend 7mm-08 commercial deer hunting round Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a Browning A Bolt 2 Stainless Stalker .270 Win that absolutely hates HSP ammo. It'll give a pattern every time. Now I only shoot regular 130 grain ammo on sale and I got good groups.

Posts: 128 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Yep. Agree with maladat. Hornadys SST get it done.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the comments

I do like the SSTs and have used them in supersonic 300 BLK for hunting...it seems, as many of you have pointed out, that the Super Performance ammo is just too fast to be accurate.

Personally, I've had good success with Barnes TAC-TX in 300 BLK and Gold Dot Jacketed Soft Point in .308. I tried the GD on a whim because I have a .308 AR set up for HD with that load and I took four deer this last season with it.

I'm looking forward to trying the 6.5G SBR this year. I'm going to wring it out soon and find it's sweet load.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Check to see if the scope mount screws are tight.

Thanks for that reminder. First thing we did...

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Check the twist, some heavy bullets don't work well in slow twist rate....this may be you problem

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post