SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any battery experts? Replacement for CR2032H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any battery experts? Replacement for CR2032H Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Bought a new Vortex red dot. Battery that came with it is a CR2032H. I read online the "H" means rechargeable, which really doesn't matter to me. Although it also mentioned this indicates the "discharge rate".

I'm not sure where I would get a charger for these anyway. However, I can't seem to find replacements of the same type, CR2032H. Seems odd.

Even finding Maxell Batteries labeled CR2032, they do not have an H.

Anyone understand the mysteries of Battery Nomenclature and Replacement?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Regular CR2032 batteries should work just fine. Looking at the spec sheets for Energizer CR2032 cells and Maxell CR2032H cells, I see no meaningful differences in the important stuff (both are 3.0V and 240mAh, discharging at .19-.20mA).

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just buy them for cheap from Amazon and keep a fresh one around...

https://www.amazon.com/Energiz...words=2032+batteries

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
The H suffix in that instance refers to the capability of a High discharge rate (M = medium, L = Low).

I have never seen where a 2032 battery could actually be recharged.
I would suspect that for the price of a charger (were one available) one could easily stock up on several dozen(s) of these batteries.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a chance it actually needs an H cell. Otherwise battery life would really suck. Any good quality 2032 will do.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The local Ace Hardware store sells a card with nine of the 2032 batteries. I think it's around five bucks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post