SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American any good? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I'm going to get me a deer hunting rifle and I'm considering the Ruger American in 270. What are your thoughts on this rifle? Do you recommend something else comparable or a little more in price? Thanks.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I was pleasantly surprised by the trigger and action on mine. Also, accuracy at 100 yards is as good as I am, even after I cut the barrel down to 16". I'd recommend it, though the weak point is the magazine, which seems flimsy, yet mysteriously works.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger American is chambered in 450 Bushmaster, and had held up just fine. Great gun for the price, and accurate too. Really likes to be suppressed.....

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Love mine.
Cheap & plentiful ammo for my 5.56NATO
Nice adjustable trigger.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post