SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta CX4 storm carbine in 45 legal in commiefornia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta CX4 storm carbine in 45 legal in commiefornia Login/Join 
posted
I tried looking for a list of rifles legal for sale in CA but only came up with a list of pistols. A CA resident wants to buy my Beretta CX4 storm in 45, rifle takes 8 round factory magazines. My LGS will ship to CA, I'm just trying to find out if the CX4 is legal to own by CA resident.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that the CX4 is legal for sale in CA - it's a fun carbine, so you bet it's likely illegal to own

In CA the AWB only allows for 2 AWB features.(??).

The CX4 has 3:
1) semi auto
2) detachable magazine
3) has a pistol grip/thumbhole stock.

The overall length is another issues. ??

In CA that should be 30" (???) so your buyer would need a buttstock extension or flash hider to extend the length from 29.7" to 30". Ridiculous, .3" right?

The bigger feature - the detachable magazine - bullet button. And no high - cap mags either.

Maybe the buyer's CA FFL could make it compliant?

Below is the link to the CA rifle ID flow chart:
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

I dunno, seems a lot of hassle to me. I think it's best to state, not CA compliant ...

Anyone else ???

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would have to be featureless or a "fixed mag". As of Jan 01, 2017, bullet buttons are no longer considered a "fixed mag".

The flowchart on Caguns linked above is out of date and the Calguns community is working on a new version, however CADOJ pulled back their regulations related to the new AW laws so there is still much that is unknown.

I would say steer clear of CA with that sale.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AGFNTB:
It would have to be featureless or a "fixed mag". As of Jan 01, 2017, bullet buttons are no longer considered a "fixed mag".

The flowchart on Caguns linked above is out of date and the Calguns community is working on a new version, however CADOJ pulled back their regulations related to the new AW laws so there is still much that is unknown.

I would say steer clear of CA with that sale.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I found a buyer in PA that's local to me so I can sell with no issues or worries. To bad all the crap CA gun owners have to deal with.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post