SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Cut LMT piston barrel 12” or 12.5”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut LMT piston barrel 12” or 12.5” Login/Join 
posted
Good morning,
I hope everyone is safe.
I would like to know from the group if anyone has a shortened MRP barrel. If so what length is it? If I go 12” vs 12.5” is this going to cause a problem if I decide to run a suppressor?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Depends on how the suppressor is mounted. I can't use an AAC QD mount on my 12" because the teeth block the removal of the piston from the front.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Cut it to 12.5", You'll thank me later! Wink

Like 'M4Super90' states, it will depend on which Supressor/Mount you go with.

I know the SilencerCo ASR Mount and the DearAir Key Mount Flash Hider do work, but it's pretty tight. If you have the choice, an extra 1/2" beyond the std 12" BBL Length will provide add'l clearance and make it easier to remove the Piston Plug for cleaning.

The following thread has a bunch of info / clearance data that I put together for another member that had some similar questions re: the LMT 12" Piston Upper. The OP changed the title of the thread to 'Removed' and deleted his original post (why, I have NO idea! Roll Eyes ), but all of the important info is there. Hope it helps!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...490035154#8490035154

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thanks!

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://lmtdefense.com/parts/l7mc1b

Why cut?
That's the beauty of LMT's; two bolts out, new barrel in, two bolts back in, and you're in business!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
https://lmtdefense.com/parts/l7mc1b

Why cut?
That's the beauty of LMT's; two bolts out, new barrel in, two bolts back in, and you're in business!

I'm going to guess and say cost, same thing for me when I chopped my SCAR barrel. $100 vs $1000

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post