SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Best AR caliber for hogs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best AR caliber for hogs Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I use 6.8 with 120gr SST, I use the same AR for both hogs and deer. Longest shot on our lease is 300M so the 6.8 does not drop too bad as it is a 18" barrel. With the suppressor it is overly long but it shoots MOA at 200m so I like it.

We bait & stalk for hogs so I will be trying my 8.5" 300blk with a suppressor this year hopefully as the shots are 70m max

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I use 6.8 with 120gr SST
The 120gr SST really drops the big hogs. Are you using the the SST on deer as well?

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ed308:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
I use 6.8 with 120gr SST
The 120gr SST really drops the big hogs. Are you using the the SST on deer as well?

Yes but they are not cooperative so far .....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post