SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Go to online shopping sites for the 10/22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go to online shopping sites for the 10/22? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I'm entering the 10/22 world and need some guidance. I know about Volquartsen, but who else makes quality parts for them? The internet is chocked full of vendors and I don't know who's who yet.

Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's your intended use of the gun? Some people buy the gun and end up swapping out everything but the receiver. You end up with enough extra parts to assemble another gun. If that's you, then buy a receiver and assemble it yourself. It's a very easy platform to work on and there's no end of available parts and YouTube videos.

Assembled starting with a stripped receiver. Mostly KIDD parts.

Internals all KIDD parts.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Target practice will be its main use with occasional small varmit control. I take it "Kidd" is a reputable vendor?

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kidd is (or is near) the top of the pile in this area.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I like Kidd parts. But also like Tactical solution for lightweight barrel with iron sights.

This was a recent optic rifle build. Ruger receiver, Tactical solution SBX barrel, Magpul X22 stock, Volquartsen bolt, Ruger BX trigger, Tac Sol mag release, and Vortex Venom. Silencerco Sparrow not shown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beanhead,

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Another vote for KIDD parts... be real careful with these 10/22 though. Next thing you know you have a $1k to $1.5k rifle ! Eek

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have the takedown model with a heavy, threaded barrel for my 22lr cans. Going overboard is too easy with these! I basically just purchased the Volquartsen kit with a better firing pin, extractor, etc. Good reliability and an accurate trigger are the goals.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
VQ and KIDD are top end for 10/22 aftermarket stuff. I've got some of each and have not been disappointed.

As to triggers, both the VQ and KIDD offerings are great. An inexpensive alternative is a trigger job by Brimstone. I had a Tier 3 (basic) job done on a Plain-Jane 10/22, and I was amazed at how good it was.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
One could just cut to the chase, and buy the whole thing from Kidd - saves a lot of time Smile

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post