SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SR25 Mag recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SR25 Mag recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
Hey guys-

I ordered an LMT MWS 308 rifle last month and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. In the mean time, I'm collecting all of the gear and small parts to go with it.

In terms of mags, I know Magpul makes excellent polymer mags, but I want to build up a stash of 20 round steel mags. From what I can see, there are mags made by DPMS and Promag. Which is better in your experience? Is there another good brand that I should watch out for? Thanks for any advice.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
DPMS, yes.
Promag, NO!

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
DPMS mags work great and also come in sizes less than 20 if you want to reduce the height profile or hunting in places that limit mag capacity.
The 20 rd C-Products mags have also worked great for me.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
DPMS, yes.
Promag, NO!

Simple enough! Thank you!

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A decent compromise is the Lancer hybrid one which I prefer. Brownell's also has an in house steel version that's very inexpensive and seems to run fine. D&H has a version in steel, which I have not personally used but they are a proven vendor. DPMS would be pretty far down my list FWIW. Promag would never be on my list.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
A decent compromise is the Lancer hybrid one which I prefer. Brownell's also has an in house steel version that's very inexpensive and seems to run fine. D&H has a version in steel, which I have not personally used but they are a proven vendor. DPMS would be pretty far down my list FWIW. Promag would never be on my list.

I think the Brownell's mags are aluminum, I had a couple but never used them. Looked like quality and nice and light.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Magpul
Brownell's-might have to make adjustments but work
KAC is the best if you have the coin
Larue
DPMS work(I have 4 brand new if your are interested)

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Lancer is the best. They aren't cheap though.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post