SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion pistol concealment bag/backpack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion pistol concealment bag/backpack Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
I recently purchased a CZ Scorpion pistol with a Tailhook arm brace. I'll post a separate thread in a few days with my thoughts on the pistol and brace themselves, but I've been thinking...

Since this is technically a pistol, I may occasionally want to carry it concealed, such as when going on a road trip. (I'm covered nationwide under LEOSA.)

So I'm looking for some sort of covert concealment bag or pack that would work well for hauling around a CZ Scorpion pistol with folding arm brace, along with a few extra mags. Preferably something low-profile, without any overt tactical branding and without being covered with MOLLE.

I've seen some options elsewhere online, ranging from dedicated SBR/SMG bags like the 5.11 Select Carry to just generic backpacks, messenger bags, and tennis racket bags. What are the Scorpion owners here using?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Eberlesrock cherry bomb for my small stuff. Grey Ghost apparition for the bigger ones (SCAR 17) both look like regular bags. Both have extra space to carry personal items.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Another plus for those bags is the weapon compartment is separate from the other 2 pockets so.you can access your personal belongings without having to open the rifle pocket. This is particularly beneficial when using the bag in places where weapons are frowned upon or perhaps illegal.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Vertx Gamut.

Thank me later Wink

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I use a tennis racquet bag for mine.

Works great!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I use a Vertx Gamut for my standard pack when not carrying a rifle. Really nice bag. The downside is the main compartment where you store the go is also where you would store most other items. If your just going to keep the gun and related accessories in there the Gamut would be a great choice. I seldonly carry a pack just bring my rifle so I like having the rifle compartment separate.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

Works great!

Until you're walking around without a tennis court in sight.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Works great!

I used that for my last vz58 copy(century). Worked great.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb mentioned by WARPIG for my MCX. The downside to the Scorpion with it is likely that the Scorpion is smaller and will sit lower than a 10" or 11" .223 when folded. That might make it a bit tougher to get out, but on the other hand you can pack over it if need be.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red 5.11 select carry was on sale for around $60 from Amazon. Not sure if it still is.

The Bulldog MSR Sling Pack is similar. All black. No molle.

Or maybe a larger laptop bag?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Works great!

Until you're walking around without a tennis court in sight.

And aren't wearing tennis clothes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Vertx Gamut.

Thank me later Wink

This is the bag I picked up for the same reasons. It looks like a hikingish backpack, with no molle on the outside. With the loop side Velcro all over the place, I finally have a use for all those Velcro mpx mag pouches that I've been accumulating.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I found a lightly used black and red Vertx Gamut for $79, so I'm going to give that a shot.

quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
The red 5.11 select carry was on sale for around $60 from Amazon. Not sure if it still is.

It is not.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
$79 is a fantastic deal !!
You won't regret it !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I use a mandolin bag I got off Amazon. Fits the Scorpion and mags just fine and is well padded.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post