SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    RRA LAR-8 Stock Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RRA LAR-8 Stock Question Login/Join 
posted
My buddy just acquired a RRA LAR-8 in a swap for a long over due debt. Seems like a decent .308 but the RRA stock sucks! Can he just swap out with any other after market stock? More than likely will be a Magpul. Seems like the hand guards are fairly proprietary but one would think a stock should be interchangeable.... any info is helpful!

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
If it has a collapsible stock on it, then yes...

Just double check to see if it's Mil or Com tube to be safe. Mil is straight and Com is slanted.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I put a CAA stock on my LAR-8 (don't laugh, it works for me) and was able to jimmy a Magpul handguard onto it as well. It was a tight fit but finally managed to get the ends past the delta ring. In hindsight I probably wouldn't have scratched the delta ring if I had shaved the ends of the handguard with a dremel.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
LAR-8 Carbine extension tube measures 1.182 OD. Magpul mid-length installed with no issues. RRA does post a warning about other hand guards and the thread mis-match for their receivers. At lot of AR stuff will interchange but defer to their CS for confirmation. It is a great rifle, and it too can be 'barbied'.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post