SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My Bula group buy receiver build. A classic look with a touch of modern.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Bula group buy receiver build. A classic look with a touch of modern. Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I finally made some time to get my personal build done. I originally was going to use a 22" Bula NM barrel but I wanted to do a lightweight build. I ended up using a standard weight 19.25" Bula barrel. This rifle is made with all availabe Bula parts.

It's sitting in a GI fiberglass krinkle stock with an M14.CA SHG scout hand guard. This rifle came together easily and quickly. I just finished it today and it hasn't been fired yet. Without the magazine, it weighs 9lbs, 5 ounces.

I was going to slap my Burris FastFire III on the scout rail, but I sent it out for repair. When I get it back, it will go on the scout hand guard.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful build!!! I love that look. How much did your personal build set you back if you don't mind sharing?

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mentioned a group buy on receivers... HOW MUCH AND IN WHAT TIME FRAME?

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
A complete Bula parts kit would retail at about $1950 but that's missing the flash suppressor, front sight, castle nut, rear sights and stock. I'm an authorized Bula parts distributor, so I paid much less.

I had to test fire some rifles yesterday and took her along. Ran 45 rounds through it without a hiccup. All 149 grain XM80 and PMC 150 grain FMJ. I didn't make it off the 50 yard line today but it was a joy to shoot!

I ran the last 25 rounds through her in about a minute and a half. The scout rail acted like a big heat sink. It was good and warm! I imagine it would help the barrel cool quicker.

I'll eventually disassemble the rifle and send all the major parts, except the receiver, out to be nitrided.

Tony.

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blasto:

The group buy was from October of last year over on the M14 forum. Prices for a standard receiver is $795. The group buy price was $695, and all Bula receivers are HAMMER FORGED!

There is another group buy on their M21 DMR receivers. They are M14 receivers with a bolt-on Picatinny mount on top and provisions for a rear sight. Those receivers require more machining and will retail for $895. The group buy price is $795. I can get one for you if you like. It looks like there's about 15 left up for grabs.
http://m14forum.com/group-buys...21dmr-group-buy.html

Tony.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blasto:

Disregard. benny6 beat me by a minute

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That is one good looking rifle!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not normally a fan of rails on M14's, but that looks good.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My goodness that looks fantastic, nice job.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post