SIGforum
Where Would You Go Look For The Best Price On A Steiner Scope?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6850009924

September 04, 2017, 03:36 PM
Il Cattivo
Where Would You Go Look For The Best Price On A Steiner Scope?
So I'd like a P4Xi. Most places I've heard of have them at around $570. I've found a couple that I've never heard of offering them for $475 - which sounds suspiciously like "too good to be true" to me. Where would you go looking?
September 04, 2017, 03:45 PM
IndianaBoy
DSG Arms.
September 04, 2017, 04:11 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
DSG Arms.

This. Even better if you're LE/Mil, and get their amazingly generous storewide discount, which puts the price at $461.70.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,
September 04, 2017, 04:16 PM
Il Cattivo
Unfortunately they weren't impressed by my argument that I'm an "officer of the court". Oh, well. Razz
September 04, 2017, 04:58 PM
James in Denver
Midway sent an email a week or 2 ago about demo versions of Steiners on sale. No idea if the prices were any good (and, for that matter, could have been another manufacturer, but I think it was Steiner).

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23
September 04, 2017, 05:14 PM
lyman
did you try
Adorama
B&H
(both camera stores that sell optics)

and the obvious,, amazon?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

September 04, 2017, 07:44 PM
IndianaBoy
You will like the P4xi. It may be the perfect balance of price, reticle, weight, quality glass, and a rock solid warranty.

If they were out a few years ago I would have bought one instead of my Razor. But now I can't bring myself to sell the Razor......
September 04, 2017, 07:55 PM
feersum dreadnaught
http://www.sportoptics.com/steiner-p4xi-5202.aspx

Website says $579. Call and they'll do better. They did me right on both a Kahles k16i and a Steiner m5 5-25x56

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
September 05, 2017, 12:55 PM
YooperSigs
Sport Optics is my go to for scopes. Great service.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 05, 2017, 03:12 PM
Il Cattivo
Sport Optics was one of the "too good to be true" deals I found on the internutz, but if two members here are willing to give them a GTG rating, I'm willing to give them a try.

Drop shipment (they actually had me wait on the line while they called Steiner in Colorado to ensure availability), but they certainly appealed to my inner cheapskate.
September 05, 2017, 03:21 PM
Brett B
Sport Optics is good, I have also had excellent service from Euro Optic:

http://www.eurooptic.com/Stein...Law-Enforcement.aspx

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/
September 05, 2017, 04:20 PM
Il Cattivo
I like them and their sister company (I think) Scopelist. Unfortunately they're sometimes a little cheaper than OpticsPlanet and the service has been good, but that's about it.
September 08, 2017, 08:12 PM
4MUL8R
Www.samplelist.com

Www.swfa.com

?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
September 10, 2017, 01:16 PM
Il Cattivo
Thanks. I'm going to need more glass (my eyes ain't gettin' any younger), and I'll be sure to check there as well.
September 15, 2017, 06:46 PM
Bob RI
DSG has them for $435 now ....just need to log in for pricing.
September 22, 2017, 07:37 PM
Riley
Based on this, I bought a PX4i from SportOptic with a mount. They called the next day to let me know the mount was delayed, but they'd have it that day or next. They got it and shipped the next day per the shipping notice I received. Due in next week, so far so good!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
September 23, 2017, 12:12 PM
Il Cattivo
Big Grin Good timing on the order. I guess I can live with the whole drop shipment thing, but I just got the "it's shipped" email a couple of days ago myself.
September 27, 2017, 09:28 PM
Riley
I received the scope and mount today, packaged well, sealed scope box and looks great. I think this is going to work awesome. The illuminated dot is clear and easy for my wife to pick up vs a true dot like the Aimpoint. It is a scope so less range of eye relief but the 1x is pretty true it seems.

I didn't realize this scope was made in the USA but that's a pleasant surprise and it came with a free throw lever for the power adjustment.

For the MP 15-22, I think it will be great. It is a little heavy but not crazy.

September 28, 2017, 12:45 PM
Il Cattivo
quote:
I didn't realize this scope was made in the USA

Huh! I guess I'll have to actually read the instructions. Still, the glass is a good step up from the cheaper scopes I've been messing with, and the illuminated dot works well for me (astigmatism and all).
September 29, 2017, 10:23 PM
Riley
Took it out and sighted it in at 25yds to start, mounted on an MP 15-22. The dot is awesome, Steiner says .4 mrad, I'm not sure how it converts to MOA, but compares favorably in size to the Aimpoint PRO 2 MOA dot to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,