SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone here have a H&K USC to UMP (.45) conversion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here have a H&K USC to UMP (.45) conversion? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
What's the skinny, in 2020?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know there are a couple outfits making receivers and avoiding the whole USC part.

Omega and Tommy Built. Both hard to find right now.

Didn't know if you had already sourced the USC.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The skinny is tommy built. but the issue is getting the parts you need.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them. What kind of questions do you have 46and2?

Also, I'm guessing you may have intended on this post being in the rifles section?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one that I’ve had for about 10 years. It’s nice but these days there are better options in PCCs.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few stock USC's that time to time I consider converting to join the one I did many years ago. But everytime I add up the costs and look at the many great alternatives the project ends up being postponed. Its the same money to buy a top of the line alternative.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I have a few stock USC's that time to time I consider converting to join the one I did many years ago. But everytime I add up the costs and look at the many great alternatives the project ends up being postponed. Its the same money to buy a top of the line alternative.

I love HK and the USC but agree the benefit is not worth the cost.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a USC that I plan to keep stock, except for a stock conversion (don't really like the pistol grip/stock one piece) and put some rails on it for an optic and a vertical grip.

I found the aluminum rails at HDPS. They also do a USC to UMP conversion and they have the parts in stock. LAN World has parts made by HERA, but they are out of stock on most items for the USC. I'm waiting for the stock conversion to come in, but they said maybe mid Sept. to Oct.

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK is perpetually baffling.

They can sell 10x they number of SP5's and SP5K PDW's they will ever actually import.

A UMP pistol with no stock that could take an aftermarket brace like the 5's can would sell well too. And I think handguns don't have all the complications with 922r and US content like imported AK's do.

It's like HK just doesn't want to make as much money as they can in the one free firearms market left in the world. Maybe it's the German gov't and export restrictions, but you know, the US side could pick up the slack like Sig US did.

A competitively priced UMP in pistol format should sell similarly to a Scorpion, right? Because the Scorpion is really modeled after HK, complete with slappable charging handle.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post