SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Palmetto State Armory 9mm AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory 9mm AR Login/Join 
Picture of aguilar64
posted
Just picked up a PSA 9mm AR carbine, 16.5 barrel, what's a decent not expensive scope to plink with, 100 yards maximum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aguilar64,

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Weaver V series 1X3

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you're not looking to push tacks, consider a decent to good quality red dot. Primary Arms makes a few dandy choices for playing around. If you think you might ever use it for something more serious than plinking, buy an Aimpoint Patrol or the like.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Weaver V series 1X3

Great advice. Package deal with mount:

https://swfa.com/weaver-1-3x20...pe-kit.html?___SID=U

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
Just picked up a PSA 9mm AR carbine, 16.5 barrel, what's a decent not expensive scope to plink with, 100 yards maximum.

http://i164.photobucket.com/al...Zeke_zpsnpztdyub.jpg
Does that have the "Last Round Bolt Hold Open" feature?

If so, how is it working?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup! Will be interested to hear how it shoots.

For optics I purchased a Bushnell scope from their AR Optics line. You can find them on sale for $130-$150. It was so good that we own 3 of them now. All of ours are 4.5-18X40. They function perfectly and offer a bright clear image. If you try one you will be shocked.

I was at the range this past weekend and spent some time behind one after shooting with a much more expensive scope and was pleasantly surprised at just how good these are.

Good luck with you new weapon!

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
The rifle shoot nice, there is no recoil whatsoever, since I live in a Nanny state, I had to replace the flash hider with a compensator, I used a Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp, Link , the iron sights are great at 100 yards, I kept hitting the 6 & 8 inch steel plates we have at the range consistently, there was no malfunction at all, I shot about 250 rounds.
I got the BILLET lower and this one doesn't have the LRBHO, if you want the last round open you have to get the FORGED one. The lower accepts Glock magazines so I had to settle with G19 magazines, again, I live in a Nanny state and 15 rounds is the max.

― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I use those MF stocks myself. btw, cute cat Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
I call him El Señor Zeke, since he has taken over the house. We got him about 2 month ago from a shelter.

― Ted Nugent

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
I call him El Señor Zeke, since he has taken over the house. We got him about 2 month ago from a shelter.

I'm a bit confused though.

Is it kitty protection or PCC protection? Big Grin

Cute little guy. Smile

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post