SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Dark Storm Industries AR good to go? Update page 2, went with local guy to build.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Storm Industries AR good to go? Update page 2, went with local guy to build. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Cas, I don't know how a mag lock works. But the Dark Storm has no mag release, no mag catch. The P-Mag is embedded internally.

When I searched that model number, something else came up (with a mag release) which is why I was confused.

A mag lock is a mag release that doesn't really... release.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Well I picked up my AR15 fixed mag on Wednesday. I don't know a lot about it. I mean, I've researched the parts and disassembly etc. But I don't know the manufacturer of the components. The guy that built it wasn't offering much info. But he makes assembles the lower and his name is on it. I'm assuming this is all standard grade stuff.

I've only shot 20 rounds and everything was great except the bolt is not locking back on the last round. I'm hoping this is just because it's new (I've read this can happen on new rifles before break in). Anyone have advice on that? I took it apart and lubed the bolt carrier. But I only have 180 rounds of ammo so I'm not in a hurry to put a lot through it. I can't find any ammo to buy right now.

Anyhow, it cost a total of $1150. A few hundred savings from the Dark Storm and some business to a local guy. This guy actually hired a lawyer for a customer that was charged with having an assault weapon that he built. He proved in court that a fixed mag didn't meet the assault weapon criteria and hence they are now legal in MA. So I respect him a bunch for that.

Sorry for the bathroom pics. It's the only place in the house with good light for pics. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post