SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I’d like help choosing my first skeet Shotgun ** UPDATE , made a purchase **
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’d like help choosing my first skeet Shotgun ** UPDATE , made a purchase ** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
FABARMS L4S Sporting. An excellent shotgun I've taken a look at more than a few times. However I'm an old geezer set in my ways so you won't see me shooting Skeet with anything other than a SxS or O/U. I shoot with someone who has the N2 XL and it's one heck of a package with an interchangeable rib and the slickest adjustable comb design I've ever seen.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Supersports are on the lighter side of clays guns. Between the low gun weight and the recoil system, you will feel recoil a little more. However, you don't need heavy loads to hit skeet clays -- 1 ounce of shot at slower muzzle velocities of 1170-1200 fps does just fine.

You may have challenges finding a Supersport for $1500. But a lightly used gun will be fine.

I kept coming back to the SS in my final decision making process, but the gas gun won out as I looked forward. I’m 56, and while I’m strong and in good shape now, the next 15 years will most likely hold some physical decline. I thought I could shoot the gas gun longer and more comfortably.

The other factor was cost. I decided I wanted this new acquisition into a new sport to have a warranty. A new Supersport was just more than I was comfortable spending. The L4S was already over my $1,500 budget.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
You chose well. That’s a fantastic shotgun.

Congratulations!

.......tell us how it runs.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post