SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thinking about an arm brace pistol build, now wondering about Dolos takedown system
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about an arm brace pistol build, now wondering about Dolos takedown system Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a sig brace on a 300 BLKout and I hate it. I just bought a Tailhook Mod 2 and it is going on a Ar9 build, so I have high hopes. Big

Posts: 254 | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Which version of the SIG brace, and what did you not like?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the LAW folding stock adapter and the SB collapsible brace can play nicely together.
Now that it's all built, the whole package is just a hair too long for backpack carry, with the SB brace and the 7.5" barrel.

Has anyone tried it?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOLOS is good to go, as is the Law Tactical folding stock adapter. Both are well designed and built pieces of hardware. I purchased both on sale. One from Joe Bobs and the other from Brownell's.

I built a 6.8 SPC pistol with 8.5" Bison Armory barrel. Awesome concealable pistol with excellent reliability. I have run about 300 rounds through that pistol. The last 140 without a cleaning.

Note that 6.8 is much more punishing than 5.56 and I have had no issues.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I wonder if the LAW folding stock adapter and the SB collapsible brace can play nicely together.
Now that it's all built, the whole package is just a hair too long for backpack carry, with the SB brace and the 7.5" barrel.

Has anyone tried it?

Bruce
Are you talking about the SBPDW Brace? https://www.sb-tactical.com/product-category/brace/

I'd so I recall seeing somewhere that the brace won't allow you to completely fold the mechanism flat against the pistol. Sorry, but I can't remember where I saw that.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The PDW brace is the one I was thinking about.
Perhaps I should try a Tailhook with the LAW folder.
Decisions, decisions...

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post