https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6770001354

February 12, 2019, 02:03 PM
rtquig
Who made the SIG 522?
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I sent Sig an email over the weekend about parts for the 522. As we know, they don't sell the parts, but with the lifetime warranty they will always do a repair. As someone already stated shipping is expensive, but I like this Sig enough to pay the shipping. I like my M&P 15/22 a lot, but if I had to make a choice in one or the other, I would take the Sig 522.

CDNN has/had a number of small parts for the 522 available.

As for the lifetime warranty not so much.
Once they are out of parts you are SOL on your 522. They’ll replace it with something of equal or lesser value in current production.
Guess what that is? Nothing so you’ll likely get a credit to their generally overpriced webstore.

Here is their actual reply. I'll check out the CDNN site. Thanks

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer.

Although the 522 has been discontinued, we do still service those firearms at the factory, and they are still warrantied, so no worries there. We do not stock parts to sell, so if there is an issue going forward, it would just need to come into the factory for repair.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Aaron Weeden
Customer Service

Living the Dream
February 12, 2019, 11:25 PM
hrcjon
The problem with parts and discontinued sig firearms is that the warranty excludes wear and tear. So when a spring has sprung its last sig is not obligated to fix it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
February 13, 2019, 10:53 AM
stoic-one
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The problem with parts and discontinued sig firearms is that the warranty excludes wear and tear. So when a spring has sprung its last sig is not obligated to fix it.
So you're saying that if you send a rifle in to them, and the bad part is considered a wear part like a spring, they won't offer to replace it at customer cost? I mean, assuming they have the part.

Has this actually happened? Just asking.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
February 13, 2019, 11:34 AM
DSgrouse
I had a buddy with one when i lived in seattle pre 2010. We shot the piss out of it. he broke the back stop (where the e clips were) on the recoil rods. He went through 3 versions. I asked him a few years back if it was still running when i heard sig ended production. He said he had no further issues with it.
February 13, 2019, 12:18 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
So you're saying that if you send a rifle in to them, and the bad part is considered a wear part like a spring, they won't offer to replace it at customer cost? I mean, assuming they have the part.

Has this actually happened? Just asking.

Likely depends on how many parts they have. But I would presume not if they won’t sell you parts directly.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
February 13, 2019, 03:17 PM
fgwilliams1
I just looked at a 522 at the local gun store. It has a Vortex Sparc on top of it and they’re asking $450 for it. That’s the price on it before negotiations. I already have a 522 pistol that I SBR’d. Not sure if I need another one or not.

GW.