SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ATN Xsight 5-18 Test
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATN Xsight 5-18 Test Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
OK, it's been too rainy here for me to play with it.

I took it off the rifle and pointed it around a bit last night in anticipation for a rat hunt next weekend.

I consider 30 yards the absolute minimum distance for this scope. The 3-14 would be better suited for anything up to 200 yards and the 5-20 for distance.

As you can see on the video, 50 yards is like point blank and 100 is still tight. It's happiest at 300.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbFAWd2jfJ4

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marzy thanks for the video. What illuminator are you using?

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Factory that is very small.

Smaller than a T20.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, these things EAT batteries. We are talking not even an hour on a $10 set of Energizer lithiums.

However ATN has a solution for this. It has a USB in on the side for video download, but it will power the scope. They offer an external battery and stock bag for $119.

I took one look and figured out they were using the Kingsington 20,000mah battery pack with a Belkin left angle mini USB cable. These can be had for less than $20 together.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 mag bag from my sporting goods store for $9.

Well, lookit, I have the exact same setup for $30. Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's some cans at 50 yards.

I'm ready to go rat blasting!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QnMUn6yTvcg

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Wow, a lot better performance than I was expecting. Yeah, 5-18x is a bit much for a .22 night scope!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked at these at cabelas bargin cave. Not sure how good the deal was at 515 plus tax.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
$400 is the cheapest I could find so far on a 3-14.

I got the 5-18 on a trade, so I actually have only $350 tied up in it total.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I may have to look at the 3-14

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Guy I work with has one he raves about. He does admit it is hard on batteries. I think he went ahead and bought the optional external battery pack for it. IIRC, he has the 5-18x model.
He said sight in was a breeze, only took a few rounds to have cloverleafing hits at 100 yards. He has it on one of the Palmetto .308 ARs "deals".

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Obstruction test as rats usually like to hide behind stuff.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/K6U8uP0Zw7g

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
OK you are having to much fun with that! Thanks again for posting the videos. I am considering on of these for my coyote gun.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post