SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Describe your fighting AR style carbine.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Describe your fighting AR style carbine. Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My favorite is a 6933 Colt Commando factory SBR with a Fastfire AR-F3. Light, simple, fast. Anything too far away for it to handle calls for 7.62, I feel.
If I was consciously taking it into a fight that I couldn't run away from, I might swap the Fastfire for the Leupold CQ/T 1-3 but that's about it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My "Fighting" AR is a bit of an oddball. Since I don't really see any engagements beyond 100 yards or so I would rely on my 16 inch AR in 300 BLK. Because I like big fat bullets and a 125 grain Nosler Ballistic tip will prove much more effective on meat targets at 100 yard ranges. In addition those heavier bullets aren't effected nearly as much as the 223 by small twigs and the like.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
BCM and DD lightweights. DD fixed sights. Aimpoint T1. X300 mounted In front of front sight at 12 o’clock. BFG Vickers sling. 16” mid length.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Since I’ve never been in a fighting position and unlikely I ever will be, but from a stationary position

But moving probably this

or maybe with the collapsing stock thats currently on it.

Front hand guard & bipod might be replaced with the lighter weight plastic.

If it has to be an AR, I’d most likely grab my KAC SR-15 & 300 Blackout upper.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I’m a KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) kind of guy. Colt 6920 I’ve had for 10 years still completely factory stock. Put a scope on, hardly used it and took it off. Not sure I wouldn’t grab one of my AK’s first... Wait a minute. After I posted I remembered I put a Geissele trigger in it.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently mine is a ride along in the work truck, so I went short:

PSA lower and kit with Delta team 7.5 upper in 223 Wylde. Flash can to try and save my ears a little, Aimpoint PRO backed up up by flip ups, shockwave blade (registered as a pistol for now) an Olight and no name 2 point adjustable sling.

Accuracy is head shot capable at 50 yards but only body shots at 100. For what I want, that will do.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This HD AR has been a work in progress. 11.5" Barrel is a bi-product of this project.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6030065464/p/2

Dedicated for suppressor TBAC Ulta 7. Gas length is a carbine +1, Vltor upper, old Noveske lower, Lantac BCG, Giessle trigger, BCM hand gaurd, Tubbs spring/H2 buffer, Trijicon MRO, CLE chamber (same as Wylde with a shorter freebore). Runs like a well oiled sewing machine, very smooth/fast shooting. Have about 2K rounds on it. Velocity with MK262 2520fps, 77 grain handloads the same, no pressure. Will add a light soon to finish it off. Plan on taking a low light class with it. Next year will have Compass Lake cut two more barrels same specs, use a cheaper barrel blank though.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
BCM upper with 14.5, and a TA31 Aurora reticle

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt m4a1 socom upper
Geissele mk16 rail
Kahles k16i in Geissele 2.04” mount
Aimpoint TL in Arisaka 45 degree offset mount
Arisaka 600 series light body with Malkoff E2XT head in Arisaka mount.
DeadAir Sandman-K can
Colt select fire lower with Geissele SSF trigger

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Colt 6920 with an Arms Buis (with a CSAT Aperature), Aimpoint Pro and Magpul furniture.

When My barrel failed throat erosion a couple of years ago, I put a stainles mid length gas system barrel on it with a YHM folding front/gas block.

Light is a streamlight TLR1 HL HD with a pressue switch, Sling is a VTAC padded 2 point. I also have reflective stickers for a motors unit on both sides of the handguard so some excited rookie doesn't shoot at me.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
2020 made me think about this quite a bit, for sure, as no doubt it did many of you.
16" barrel (birdcage up front)
Carbine length gas
MilSpec trigger
H3 buffer (standard spring, ejection confirmed)
Magpul stock and grip (ergos fit me, grip a little more vertical, stock a little bulkier)
Eotech EXPS3
Magpul Gen 3 mags
Oil and more oil

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scar16 sbr
xps-2
Streamlight wml

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Colt LE6920 SOCOM. I added a Radian Raptor ambi charging handle, Larue MBT2s trigger, Holosun HE530G red dot, and a Proctor sling.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
16" LWRC M6A2 Upper
LWRC Skirmish Sights
LWRC Ambi Charging Handle
Blue-force Gear Padded Vickers Sling
Blue-force Gear M16 Stock Adapter
PSA Complete A2 EPT lower
Fulton Armory A1 Stock
Streamlight Protac HLX w/ Cloud Defensive LCS
Silencer Co ASR 3 prong flash hider
Redi-Mag Gen 1
Magpul MIAD Grip
Aimpoint Comp M3 with ADM lower 1/3 mount

I chose this set up for reliability, if times go south the piston upper should work well in less desirable conditions. The Aimpoint Comp M3 has a 50k battery life, I also added 2 battery module pieces so I have approximately 150k hours of battery life for the red dot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, just a plain old Ruger AR-556.

One of my Ruger "family." (The others are a Mk IV 22/45 Lite and a LCP.) In ~500 rounds it has gone bang every time. I also have a M&P15-22 as an "understudy."

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
16” CMMG barrel, rifle length magpul forend. Colt bolt and a coated mystery carrier. A2 front sight with useless bayonet lug, just because the state says we can’t have one. LMT rear. And it’s never on a lower because it never gets fired. lmao

But I put it together because I thought “you know, I really should have a “regular” 5.56 upper”. (My other two 5.56 uppers are competition setups)

ETA.. not a good picture, but honestly I didn’t even recall having this one.
The upper is someone’s idea of FDE , but it’s anodized so it’s more a bronze look.
A very old washed out Colt magazine in the photo, which means the pic is at least 8 years old. I had no idea.

Lower is an old pre-ban PWA with a CMC trigger that gets used on every upper that isn’t a match rifle.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
12.5" Suppressed carbine. The build list is;

• 12.5" Centurion midweight midlength barrel with pinned Centurion gas block
  • 11.5" Hodge Pinchlock rail in titanium anodizing
  • Vltor MUR-1S upper receiver
  • BCM/Vltor Mod4 ambi charging handle
  • Sionics NP3 bolt carrier w/ a phosphate Colt bolt
  • Sionics H2 buffer w/ Sprinco Blue spring
  • Sionics Gutless lower receiver
  • SB Tactical SBA4 brace
  • BCM Mod2 grip
  • Geissele SSA-E trigger
  • Forward Controls Design EMR/A, EMR, +10% magazine catch spring
  • Forward Controls Design ASF Q 50° safety selector
  • Forward Controls Design MSQ-H sling adapter
  • Railscales Karve-P handstop
  • Aimpoint H1 w/ Reptilia lower 1/3 mount, Forward Controls Design ATA, KAC battery cover
  • KAC micro BUIS (USMC surplus 600m rear, NSWC surplus front)
  • KAC offset scout mount
  • Arisaka 3-series scout body with Surefire Z68 and Malkoff 3V scout head
  • Q cherry bomb with Q Trash Panda suppressor

•  
    Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Master of one hand
    pistol shooting
    Picture of Hamden106
    posted Hide Post
    RRA Coyote Carbine.
    Bought the upper by itself from RRA on a special price.
    Made up the lower myself with all RRA parts.

SIGnature
    NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Blackwater
    posted Hide Post
    I wanted something simple, I didn't give a crap about and it's become a favorite. Isn't that how it works???? Cool

Springfield Armory SAINT, mid-length gas, replaced BCM hand guard with Magpul. Trijicon MRO and BFG Vickers One sling.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bent but not broken
    Picture of maddy345
    posted Hide Post
    Colt 6920, SBRed to 10.3”, Aimpoint T1, DD Lite rail, Surefire M600, KAC Micro BUIS, Vickers padded sling, Deadair Sandman S.

All black.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post