SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Describe your fighting AR style carbine.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Describe your fighting AR style carbine. Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
It must be just me as this thread comes up occasionally. But what is the point of a 'fighting' style carbine without a light, optic and sling. and for me personally IR illumination, IR laser and NV since its dark way more than its light. just curious. Everything that I would consider for 'fighting' has those even if I have a number of different platforms underneath.

IR illumination, IR laser and NV? That's pretty impressive stuff you got there hrcjon.
I have a question. If you hear something outside at night, do you put on your NV when you go out to investigate?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I normally investigate with visible light. Absent other factors.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10994 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Nope. I normally investigate with visible light.

Cool.
I would love to have some quality NV but I can't afford what I would really like.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You make some valid points, hrcjon, but we must keep in mind that different people have different resources, needs, expectations, etc. At one time being equipped for “fighting” meant having a length of sharp iron with a handle at one end, a bunch of pieces of wood bound together for carrying, and, if lucky, an iron hat. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’d gorilla tape a Streamlight polytac or surefire g2 ($40-70) to my hand guard before anything else if that’s all I could afford. Not having a light on a fighting rifle is bizarre.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’d gorilla tape a Streamlight polytac or surefire g2 ($40-70) to my hand guard before anything else if that’s all I could afford. Not having a light on a fighting rifle is bizarre.

I believe most people on this board would agree.

-- George Orwell