SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Describe your fighting AR style carbine.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Describe your fighting AR style carbine. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Added a Modlite/Mod Button/Ariska mount. Black Friday sale! Like the Mod Button, Arisika mount solid, jury is out on the Modlite PLHV2 head, it's bright! I thought the same when a I bought a Surefire XS300 too though.

Have Daniel Defense rear sight from a AR I sold several years ago. Ordered a DD fixed front last week. If I do put sights on it, they'll be fixed. Will shoot it with just a front sight first, dot off and on, go from there.

Put 100rds through it yesterday doing timed drills. Timer doesn't always pick up with the can, no doubt those are the ones I hit my time goals!! Bring the tripod to use a rack while can is cooling.

This thing sure does run.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Stock 16" Colt LE6920 with carry handle and iron sights.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Karilian boarding phaser in the 40 watt range...oh I mean a BRN-180S with wood grain hydro dipped alien armor, Aeroknox Orion grip, and tailbook brace.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Accomplice,

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My current H.D. AR ready to go:

Bravo Co 16" carbine w/ Geissele SAA
Daniel Defense Omega handguard
Magpul MOE stock, Ergo grip
Tango Down VFG stubby
Troy flip up rear sight
Aimpoint CompML2 w/ LaRue quick release mount
VTAC sling

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m conflicted- I like the simplicity of old school, no frills. Both are 14.5” uppers with pinned flash hiders. The all black is a true M-4 kit coming in at 7 pounds loaded. The camo with E1 sights started out as a pistol but when I made the barrel a true 16.5”, I stretched the shockwave out to make a light, rigid minimalist “stock”. I say light, but it has a heavy barrel and tips the scales at 8.2 pounds.

Then there’s the 10.5” Adams Arms piston upper pistol that decked out hits 9.2 pounds, due to the heavy machine gun profile barrel. Sparc cowitnessed. If the powers that infringe succeed in making braces illegal, I’ll put a foam slip on the tube and shoulder it anyway.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Started as a 6920. Swapped the lower for one without the sear block and added an echo trigger. Installed a Knights Handguard. Put an ACOG on and a light. Upgraded the charging handle and bolt carrier from AAC.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I think my newest 6920 may be my favorite. It's the 6920HBPW with a 14.5 SOCOM barrel and a factory pinned and welded flash hider. Maybe it's because I got what I consider a decent price on it despite it being shortly after Colt had halted civilian production.

The fun part was acquiring it. About a year ago over on the ARForum, there was someone who posted they saw it in person locally at a gun shop in TX. They were discussing whether it would be a good purchase or not. The OP was hemming and hawing about maybe buying it...

Meanwhile, I was looking up that gun shop in Texas, called them up and sure enough they had it NIB for $1099. I placed my order post haste.

While they were talking, I was buying! Big Grin

I really like the rifle. It's basically the same as a Colt SOCOM except it has the traditional M4 double heat shield hand guards instead of the KAC rail. It makes for a sweet little KISS carbine. I love those SOCOM barrels!!!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Okay if im playing gunfighter...

My noveske 12.5" upper with AAC SPR-M4 supressor and aimpoint T1.

Its my favorite gun to shoot.

BCM lower with ALG trigger and Magpjl furniture works well.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I've reconsidered my options since I live just outside the Portland metro area and I decided on an AR pistol with a side-folder. PSA 10.5" nitride pistol with Vickers sling and Sylvan Arms Gen 3 folding stock adapter. I couldn't find a LAW Tactical in stock so went with the Sylvan. Also sports a Surefire X-300 and Magpul handguards.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMT Defender 2000.
Switched out the front sight to a Midwest Industry HK style with the tritium.
Aimpoint Comp M-4
Magpul sling
Inforce light

(And heavy as a cinder block)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CPD SIG,

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
BCM SBR in 5.56, 11.5 inch barrel, Free float KMR rail, Silencerco Short muzzle Break with Omega 30, Short BCM vertical forend grip, Streamlight TLR1 at 6'Oclock position, Aimpoint T1 (25 Yards), Magpul Pro flip up BUIS, Magpul CTR stock, Timiny 4 lb single stage trigger, KNS Pins, Bad Lever, Magpul Ms4 Sling, Lancer Smoke 30 round Mags

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amhaynie,

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mine is simple - a light Mforgery (semi auto), with an Aimpoint and a folding rear backup. The only other mod is a really good trigger from JP Rifles.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt 6933 stock, no aftermarket crap.Colt MK18 upper on top of Colt M-16 lower stock no aftermarket crap.No magpul BS.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

My issued duty carbine. Plain and simple and has worked like a champ everyday at work since 2006.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
For all things close and fast.
Model 653 M16A1 Carbine Big Grin

For everything else.
BCM 11.5" with BCM Quad.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post

The parts to make this AR were bought just before the 1994 AWB went into effect. The lower is a PWA which was taken over and/or assumed by LMT. From what I understand, PWA actually made some of LMT’s lowers in the day. The upper is of unknown manufacture (we bought what we could at the time). It has a fluted 20” barrel and a semi-auto DPMS bolt carrier group made in late 1993 early 1994. It was never built while the AWB was in place as the ATF changed the rules about what constituted a pre-ban rifle after I got all the parts. Years later, after the AWB lapsed, a friend of mine who was a former Green Beret, took the parts to a former team member in the area and they put it together for me. Despite its overall age, it is relatively new and has worked flawlessly.

Frankly, I’m more of a shotgun guy. What I would really like for HD is an original Browning Auto-5 with a 18.5” barrel and a +2 round magazine extension. Finding enough 922r parts is the problem. I find it ironic that my Remington Versa Max Tactical, with an 8+1 capacity, is legal but an A-5 with a 6+1 capacity isn’t. I’m almost to the point of having a spare 26” Belgium barrel cutdown and be satisfied with the 4+1 capacity. Thread drift off.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
M&P15 Tactical with the 5R barrel
M-lock forend
VG6 Gamma compensating brake
Mini ACOG 2x with a green crosshair retical
MBT trigger group
K2+ grip
MFT Minimalist stock
Wilson bolt release
Ambi mag release
Now I need a light solution.
Vickers sling
Lancer mags.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jimdick
posted Hide Post
My current (and only) AR style is an AR-10 build, with a Monstrum 1-6x24 LPVO scope. My real “go to” would be my Kel-Tec RDB-17 with a Sig Romeo/Juliet 4 combo.

I’m waiting on my Sig M400 TREAD to arrive. It will have a Monstrum 1-4x24 LPVO scope.

S&W M&P 9C -- Ruger KP93
CZ SP-01 Tactical --KelTec P32
Beretta PX 4 Storm 9mm -- Beretta 92G Vertec -- Beretta M9 -- Beretta 92 Billennium
Colt M-1911 (NOT an A1!) -- RIA 1911 Full Size .45 ACP
Sig P226, M400 TREAD

Posts: 455 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be needing three.
A Colt ,a noveske and an L. M. T.

A short barrel w/ a Kahles dot scope. ( In 5.56) and light, fore grip.

A medium barrel w/ both a 45 degree dot scope and a 1 x 6 top scope.(.243 Winchester)

And
A long barrel w/ scope and bipod.
( In .308 win.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54482 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be just me as this thread comes up occasionally. But what is the point of a 'fighting' style carbine without a light, optic and sling. and for me personally IR illumination, IR laser and NV since its dark way more than its light. just curious. Everything that I would consider for 'fighting' has those even if I have a number of different platforms underneath.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post