SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is a good replacement for an Eotech XPS2?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a good replacement for an Eotech XPS2? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nobody brought up the Vortex UH-1 Razor? I have one on my MCX pistol and love it. A true holographic sight (unlike the Holosun) that does not distort with my astigmatism like red dots. Also, you can use rechargeable batteries and plug it in, say in a car allowing the optic to recharge the battery while you drive.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm...I'll have to check out a UH-1 Razor.

I've been using the Holosun T1/2 sized red dots and they aren't as bad as the EoTech with my astigmatism. I've grown strangely fond of the shake to wake feature and the reticle is very nice for my tastes.

Posts: 132 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Maybe Holosun 510, similar sight to EoTech.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The Holosuns do look interesting as well. There are a few guys at work who run them.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Holosun 503C does the eotech style circle dot or just a regular dot.

i tried taking a picture but can't figure out how to focus it. i'm sure there's pics online.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the thought. I looked at a buddy’s Holosun. It’s nice but I wonder how it is getting banged around.

quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
My Holosun 503C does the eotech style circle dot or just a regular dot.

i tried taking a picture but can't figure out how to focus it. i'm sure there's pics online.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly I'd stick with an XPS2 over an Holosun. Yeah, Eotech has had it's issues as a company, but they'll stand behind their product if you have issues. I have 2 recent production Eotechs (512/518) and the have been fine. I just wanted something that ran on AAs and wasn't an $850 CompM5, so I figured I'd get familiar with the brand / sight.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess I’m gonna just stick with it. I appreciate all the posts and info.