SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do you have an Elzetta Alpha, Bravo or Charlie on your long gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have an Elzetta Alpha, Bravo or Charlie on your long gun? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Trying to keep minimal weight on my AR carbine, I've had an Alpha on my AR carbine for several years.

It's just fine for indoors but I need a little more illumination for outside the house.

Is a Bravo ( 2-cell ) good enough for short distances? Maybe 30 yards?

Do you have an Elzetta Alpha, Bravo or Charlie on your long gun?

I am only interested in the Elzetta brand for this project.

Edited to add: If I understand correctly, Bravo and Charlie parts interchange, but not with Alphas.
If I bought a Bravo, I could, maybe buy a Charlie body later to increase illumination at the expensive of more lever-arm weight out front?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I have an Elzetta Alpha on my carbine in an Arisaka mount, for the same reason as you, to save weight. It's a very high quality product. I agree, though, that the lumens can be a bit lacking. Indoors it's fine, but outdoors not so much. I've been contemplating going to the Bravo, myself. So I'm interested in reading the replies you get in this thread. Thanks for starting it.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a very old Elzetta 2 cell light that has to be one of the first lights they ever sold. It has a Gene Malkoff drop in that he made before they parted ways and Elzetta began making their own led modules. I carried it for a long time as a corrections officer, then as a police officer. A bullet proof light if there ever was one.

I bought a single cell carbine light (prior to the alpha) and its a piece of junk that eats batteries in less than a week without even being used. Perhaps they would warranty it and fix it?

At any rate, I think you need to go to another company if you want some outside throw light. Whats wrong with the 1500 lumen Surefire (among others)?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Trying to keep minimal weight on my AR carbine, I've had an Alpha on my AR carbine for several years.

It's just fine for indoors but I need a little more illumination for outside the house.

Edited to add: If I understand correctly, Bravo and Charlie parts interchange, but not with Alphas.
If I bought a Bravo, I could, maybe buy a Charlie body later to increase illumination at the expensive of more lever-arm weight out front?

If you are going to use a Bravo with the AVS head(650 lumens) it will be good past 30 yards.
As for parts the alpha has a specific High-low tailcap. I believe all the other elzetta tailcaps will work with the alpha,bravo or charlie models.
The AVS head is rated at 900 lumens with the Charlie body.

I hope this helps
Mike

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. S:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

If you are going to use a Bravo with the AVS head(650 lumens) it will be good past 30 yards.
As for parts the alpha has a specific body/head assembly and High-low tailcap. I believe all the other elzetta tailcaps will work with the the alpha, bravo and charlie models.
The AVS head is rated at 900 lumens with the Charlie body if you need to reach our farther.

I hope this helps
Mike

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post